Under The Sea Card Series - Mermazing Friend - Water Shaker Card

lundi 14 mai 2018

Hey there,

I love making shaker cards, so when I saw this beautiful mermaid stamp set, I immediately thought of making one but with water. It's actually the second water shaker card I've created, the first one was done a little while ago for my crafty friend Tina (@tinneke_th on Instagram)


I first started by coloring the images using my alcohol markers. I knew I wanted a bold pink color in the background, so I colored the mermaid hair with the same color. I added white dots to her tail, clear glitter to her hair and silver gel to her diadem. Some white highlights and grey dots were also added to her friend.

The background were created using three different colors of zig markers: purple, teal and pink. I simply traced some lines on bristol smooth cardstock, and then applied water on them to mix everything. Once dry, I sprayed some water drops to add more details.

I die cut a scalloped circle from a white panel, secured the inside ring at the back using clear tape and attached four layers of double sided foam tape at the back around the circle to create room for my water shaker pouch.


To create the water shaker pouch, I took a simple binder clear sleeve and sealed three edges using my fuse tool. I did three fuse lines on each edge to make sure water would stay in place ^^ I put some little star sequins in the little pouch and added water. To make no water would spill during the closing process of the pouch, I temporary closed it using tape, and then I could close with, again, three lines of fuse. Please watch the video below if it doesn't sound clear to you ^^

I attached the window panel to the watercolored frame, and slided the water pouch between both. I gold heat embossed my sentiment on white cardstock, cut it to a banner and attached at the bottom left corner of the circle using foam squares. Attached the mermaid using the same foam squares. To finish the project, I attached the whole panel to a white card base, and added some clear dots here and there.

VIDEO
Below or here

CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS SUPPLIES


OTHER SUPPLIES

- Fuse tool from We R Memory Keepers
- Zig markers
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- White cardstock from HobbyCraft
- Star sequins from Pretty Pink Posh
- Silver glitter pen from Uniball
- White gel pen from Uniball
- Clear glitter pen from Spectrum Noir
- Versamark ink
- Antique gold embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp
- Morning Dew Nuvo Drops

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire