Holiday Card Series 2018 - Bright Snowflakes

mercredi 14 novembre 2018

Hello there,

Today I'm sharing with you four bright, colorful and simple holiday cards. I used several brands to create them: Hero Arts for the snowflake background, Simon Says Stamp for the big snowflake die, Tim Holt's distress inks, and 4enscrap for my French sentiment.


Also, they were inspired by a project Laura Bassen shared recently (her video)


So like I said, these cards were pretty simple to make, here's the process:


I first started by stamping the snowflake background on four Strathmore bristol smooth panels using versamark ink and my misti tool. Next I white heat embossed the snowflakes using my heat tool.


Then I picked several colors of distress inks I thought would go well together, I temporarily taped the embossed bristol panel on thick cardboard, applied a lot of clear water on the paper and then started painted using my distress inks mixed with water. I used my heat tool to dry the ink faster and repeated the painting process one or two times to get brighter colors.


Once my panels were dry, I splattered white distress ink on top of them to add more texture.


I white heat embossed my sentiment four times, trimmed each piece to get small banners and inked them using distress inks that would coordinate with my snowflake backgrounds.


I die cut four large snowflakes from white glitter cardstock and glued them in the top middle part of my panels. Next I attached my sentiments right in the middle of these big snowflakes using foam adhesive squares.


I attached each panel on a white card base, and added a bunch of clear drops on each one to finish the projects.

VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Hand drawn snowflake background rubber stamp by Hero Arts
- Big huge felicity snowflake die by Simon Says Stamp
- Distress inks: candied apple, picked raspberry, spun sugar, salty ocean, tumbled glass, twisted citron, spiced marmalade, squeezed lemonade, blueprint sketch, lucky clover, cracked pistachio
- Bonne année stamp set by 4enscrap
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (for the panels)
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder by Aladine
- White glitter cardstock by Rayher
- White cardstock by HobbyCraft (for the card base)
- Morning dew Nuvo drops

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire