Guest Designer for Lawn Fawnatics 2

lundi 25 février 2019

Hello there,

I'm back with the second card I've created as a guest designer for the What's the weather Lawn Fawnatics ChallengeThis time I used traditional rainbow colors, played with my oxide inks and created my own umbrella.



I stamped the images on Neenah solar white cardstock using Memento tuxedo black ink. The umbrella was made using the biggest hot air balloon from the Blue Skies stamp set. I drew the umbrella shape using a pencil, colored it using my spectrum noir markers, and used a black pen to complete it, trying to match the rest of the image as much as i could.


The other images were also colored using the same markers, and everything was cut using the coordinating dies. I fussy cut the rest of the hot air balloon to finally change it into an umbrella.



For the ground, I used hickory smoke distress ink with a lot of water to get a light grey. I dried the ink, applied more grey and dried again.


For the sky I used tumbled glass, stormy sky and chipped sapphire oxide inks. I first applied water on the paper and then played with the colors.  Tumbled glass first. Next stormy sky at the top and then chipped sapphire at the very top. I dried the panel and did this process a second time. And to give the illusion of rain, I splattered water on the panel and dried it. I also did tone on tone splatters using the same oxide inks.



I cut my paper to a 5.5 by 4.25 inches panel and picked some oxide inks in rainbow colors: candied apple, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, mowed lawn and salty ocean. Bright colors to stamp rain drops. I know there is an umbrella so it's not supposed to be raining under it but I thought it would be cute and kind of magical to add those drops.

I cut the sentiment stamp to make it one line, bent it to follow the curve of the umbrella and white heat embossed it. I attached my panel on a white card base and attached the images using foam adhesive squares. And one last final touch: I added a white nuvo drop in the center of the flower.

Thank you so much Nancy for offering me this guest designer spot, it was super exciting and there was no better way to start the year!

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Starry background stamp set
- Gnome sweet gnome stamp set
- Some bunny stamp set + dies
- Blue skies stamp set + dies
- Fairy friends stamp set + dies
- Let's play stamp set + dies

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress ink: hickory smoke
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, stormy sky, chipped sapphire, candied apple, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, mowed lawn, salty ocean
- Memento tuxedo black ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder by Aladine
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (for the background)
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the images)
- White cardstock by Hobbycraft (for the card base)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire