Lawn Fawn - Chinese New Year

samedi 2 février 2019

Hey there,


Next Tuesday it will be the Chinese new year, the year of the pig, and I thought it would be nice and fun to celebrate it by making a card.




I first started by cutting a 5.5 by 4 1/4 inches red panel. To give some texture to this panel I applied aged mahogany distress ink on top of it using a stencil by Tim Holtz. And to add more depth to the panel I applied the same ink on the edges, added a little bit of black soot distress ink and blended again using aged mahogany ink.

Next I cut a gold mirror panel a little bit smaller than the red panel and die cut a large rectangle in the middle to create a thin frame. 




I searched my entire collection of Lawn Fawn supplies, looking for an image that could work as a lantern, and came accross the "Out of this world" stamp set and the planet stamps were just perfect!

I stamped them on Neenah solar white cardstock using versamark ink, gold heat embossed them and colored them my Spectrum Noir markers. The pig was stamped using memento tuxedo black ink and colored using the same markers.

To complete the card, I die cut two black branches and a bunch of light pink flowers that I made look prettier and less flat using worn lipstick and aged mahogany distress inks.




I placed the elements on the panel without gluing them yet and with a pencil i traced some marks to know exactly where to stamp the strings of the lanterns. Next I used versamark ink to stamp the strings. This stamp is from a christmas set called "Deck the halls".

Before sticking everything down using foam adhesive squares, I applied aged mahogany distress ink at the pig's feet, this way he's not floating in the air. 

After gluing a bunch of red and gold sequins, I applied some shimmer to the lanterns. Finally I formed the flowers in the palm of my hand using a small ball too, and attached them on the branches using liquid glue.


VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Out of this world stamp set (for the lanterns)
- Critters on the farm stamp set (for the pig)
- Deck the halls stamp set (for the strings)
- Season's tweetings coordinating die set (for the branches)
- Spring sprig die set (for the flowers)
- Toboggan together stamp set (for the sentiment)
- Large stitched 4 bar rectangles die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: aged mahogany, black soot, worn lipstick
- Nordic stencil by Tim Holtz
- Red cardstock + black cardstock by Simon Says Stamp
- Gold mirror cardstock from my stash
- Versamark ink
- Gold embossing powder by Aladine
- Sequins from my stash
- Clear shimmer pen by Spectrum Noir

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire