Penny Black - Birthday Cupcake

vendredi 13 janvier 2017

Hello there!

Here is a birthday card I made using for the first time a stamp set from Penny Black. I think this set is very cute and perfect for many occasions.


As I wanted to color my image using my new favorite watercolor pens, I first started by stamping it on watercolor paper using black waterproof ink, then I fussy cut the image. The watercolor pens I used are very easy to blend.


I cut two pieces of paper: one piece of pattern paper, and another piece of watercolor cardstock using a rectangle die. I applied two shades of pink distress inks all around that rectangle piece.

I stamped my sentiment in two colors (black and gold embossing powder) using my Misti tool in order to make sure that everything was perfectly aligned. I attached my rectangle to the pattern using double sided tape, and my image using foam square. Attached the whole panel to a top folded white card base.


To finish the card, I added glitter on the cupcake, two dots of black enamel accents on the eyes and some gold stars here and there.

 VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Buddy & Duck stamp set from Penny Black
- Magical birthday stamp set from Simon Says Stamp
- Dual-tip watercolor pens from Santoro
- Pattern paper from Kaisercraft
- Large stitched 4 bar rectangle from Lawn Fawn
- Distress inks from Tim Holtz: spun sugar, worn lipstick
- Watercolor paper from Canson
- Wink of Stella clear glitter pen from Zig
- 110lb solar white cardstock from Neenah
- Black enamel accents from Ranger
- Black dye ink from Hero Arts
- Versamark ink from Tsukineko
- Ultra fine antique gold embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp

1 commentaire: