Waffle Flower - Birthday Cardmaking Challenge

vendredi 26 mars 2021

 Hello there,

My friend Galina is hosting a cardmaking weekly challenge at Waffle Flower and she asked me if I wanted to participate. Of course I said yes! This week the theme is Birthdays, and yes, the main stamp set I used is Christmas themed but as long as you changed the color palette, you can use it for any festive occasion.

As always I stamped all the images on 80lbs neenah solar white cardstock, and colored everything using my graphit brush markers and spectrum noir markers.

Now a short note about this super cool birthday challenge: once your Waffle Flower project is done, you can share it either on the challenge blog, the Facebook group, on Instagram, or on all those three platforms. Winners will be picked randomly and will receive a $15 gift certificate to waffleflower.com. This birthday challenge starts today on March 28 and will end next sunday on April 4. You will find a recap of all these information and details right here, so happy crafting and good luck!

Once everything was colored, I created the background and started by coloring a brick wall on an 8,5 x 3,5 inches bristol panel using a brick stencil and tumbled glass distress ink. Next I cut a slimline window trio panel out of a light blue cardstock, applied a bunch of foam squares at the back of it and attached it on my brick panel.

To ground my little scene, I used the same die to cut a light grey strip that I stuck at the bottom of my slimline panel. And using another die from the slimline window trio set, I cut a slim rectangle out of white cardstock that I attached on the middle section to give the illusion of a kitchen counter.


And then I assembled and stuck all my cute images using a combination of foam squares and glue dots to finally see the scene I had in mind coming to life.

I white heat embossed my sentiment 'Eat Cake Today' on a green banner that I stuck on the right side using foam squares and liquid and finally I added some highlights here and there using a white gel pen.


VIDEO
(click on the picture below)



WAFFLE FLOWER SUPPLIES
- Cookie time stamp set
- Eat cake stamp set
- Slimline window trio die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress ink: tumbled glass
- Brick stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Colored cardstocks by Lawn Fawn
- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Sakura white gel pen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire