Heffy Doodle - You are my sunshine - Magic Picture Changer Card

mardi 14 avril 2020

Hey there,

I'm so happy to be a guest designer for Heffy Doodle. I have a card for today, also on Heffy Doodle blog, and I will share a second card very soon.
So for this first card, I used three stamp sets to help me build this cute scene: Quack Me Up, Otter Side and Gnome Matter What, as well as the Grassy Lass border die set. And I also used the Magic Picture Changer die set and addon by Lawn Fawn to create an interactive card.


Like always when I create a magic picture changer card, I started with the background. And to make a cloudy and rainy sky, I first applied hickory smoke distress ink on most of the panel, and next I added black soot distress ink at the very top to darken the sky.

Next I added texture to my panel. I first splattered water on the panel and dried it using a paper towel. Next I smooshed my ink pads onto my glass mat, I added water and then I splattered drops of those inks on the panel: hickory smoke all over the paper and black soot just at the top and sides.




Next I moved on to the magic picture changer element. So I cut two pieces of Strathmore bristol cardstock: a long one for the pocket die and a short one for the moving piece die. Like always I marked the windows using a pencil, and then I moved on to the stamping. On the long panel I stamped a cloud, and on the short one I stamped the sun.

Next I masked both images and colored around them using hickory smoke only. Like the background I splattered water on those two panels, as well as hickory smoke drops using a thin brush. I removed the masks, and stamped some raindrops below the cloud using hickory smoke distress ink again. And next I quickly colored the sun and the cloud using my alcohol markers.




When the coloring was done, I taped the dies on the panels and sent them to my die cutting machine. Next I folded the tabs on the pocket panel using a bone folder and applied double sided tape on those tabs, front and back. I removed the backing paper from the inside and folded the tabs again to stick them.

Next I folded the pocket panel in half right on the score line, I applied some powder on the flaps and along the tabs as well, I put the moving piece into the pocket panel through the slit, and next I put each little flap into a small slit. Next I pulled on the tab to interlock the elements, I made sure that everything was aligned between the tabs, and finally I closed the pocket.

Next I took my background panel and cut a frame out of it, I applied double sided tape at the back of this frame along the four edges, and I stuck it on the pocket. Next I stuck the pocket on a white card base using double sided tape, as well as the remaining piece of background using foam tape.




To ground my scene, I cut two grass borders that I colored using shabby shutters and peeled paint distress inks. I first applied the light color shabby shutters on the whole element, and next I added peeled paint from the top to bring more depth to those borders. And like always I added texture by mixing the same inks with water.

One more element for my background: I cut a rectangle to create the pond and colored it using tumbled glass and broken china distress inks.

I stamped my sentiment "You are my sunshine" on the smallest grass border using black versafine ink and next I adhered everything below the interactive frame.




Next I stamped additional images on neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink and before coloring them, I changed the ducks into mallard ducks, using a pencil first and then my memento pen. When the coloring was done, I stuck everything on my panel using glue dots, foam squares and also liquid glue.

To complete the scene and make the sky less empty, I stamped more raindrops below each cloud using hickory smoke distress ink again. I attached the dragonflies using liquid glue and next I added white highlights on the images to make them pop a little bit more.

Next I cut the tab handle out of black cardstock and attached it at the very end of the tab using double sided tape, and finally I added a teeny tiny white nuvo drop in the center of each flower, and some morning dew nuvo drops in the sky.

VIDEO
Below or here


HEFFY DOODLE SUPPLIES
- Quack me up stamp set - Otter side stamp set - Gnome matter what stamp set - Grassy lass border die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers - Distress inks: hickory smoke, black soot, shabby shutters, peeled paint, tumbled glass, broken china - Magic picture changer die set + add-on by Lawn Fawn - Sakura white gel pen - Black versafine ink - Memento tuxedo black ink - Memento black pen - Morning Dew Nuvo drops by Tonic Studio - Simply white Nuvo drops by Tonic Studio - Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock - Neenah solar white cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire