Hello Bluebird - Meadow Bunnies + Pathway Background

dimanche 12 avril 2020

Hello there,

I'm back with a cute and happy card featuring a sweet little bunny from the Meadow Bunnies stamp set as well as the Pathway Background stamp. Like always, you will find my video at the end of this post.

So I first started by stamping the Pathway Background on white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly brown ink. And I colored the whole scene using my alcohol markers, except for the sky because I knew that I wanted to use distress inks to create one. And when the coloring was done, I fussy cut the background to cut the sky out.


For the sky, I wanted to create like a sunset sky, a sky at the end of the day so I used scattered straw, tumbled glass and broken china distress inks on a 5,5 x 4,25 inches smooth white panel and I first applied scattered straw on one half of the paper. Next I applied tumbled glass on the other half towards the scattered straw section and I blended both colors together. And finally, I added more contrast to that sky by applying a little bit of broken china distress at the top.


Like always, I created texture to give more interest to my background. First some splatters of water that I dried using a paper towel, next I mixed tumbled glass and broken china distress inks with water and I created some splatters on my panel.



When the background was dry, I applied foam tape at the back of the Pathway image to create dimension and I attached it to the panel. I trimmed off the excess of paper, and next I stamped additional images: a bunny and two butterflies from the Meadow Bunnies stamp set. I used the same brown ink as before, and I colored them using my alcohol markers again.


I fussy cut the bunny and butterflies and next I placed my panel in my misti tool in order to stamp my sentiment "Oh happy day!" I stuck my panel on a card base, and then I attached the images using foam squares for the bunny and liquid glue for the butterflies.

Next I used my white gel pen to bring more light on some parts of the scene, and finally I added a few morning dew nuvo drops on the sky section for an extra touch of shine.

VIDEO
Below or here

HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers - Distress inks: scattered straw, tumbled glass, broken china - Sakura white gel pen - Morning Dew Nuvo drops by Tonic Studio - Neenah solar white cardstock - Strathmore bristol cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire