Lawn Fawn - Swish 'n Pop Weather Card

mardi 2 mars 2021

 Hello there,

Today's video is a weather Swish 'n Pop Pull Tab card featuring some cute mallard ducks having lots of fun under the rain. As always I stamped all the images using jet black ink, colored them all using my alcohol markers, and used the coordinating dies to cut everything.

I also did a tiny bit of customization to turn the ducks into mallard ducks. I simply drew lines on their neck using a pencil first and then a black marker.

Once all my images were colored, I moved on to the background, and cut a 5,5 x 4,25" stitched panel to create the sky. And I wanted that sky to be gloomy so I used stormy sky oxide ink which is the perfect ink to get this effect. I covered the entire panel with that ink to have a nice and even base, and used chipped sapphire oxide ink along with the cloudy stencil to bring darkness to that sky.

I also added a little bit of chipped sapphire on the edges, and to emphasize the gloomy aspect of the card I splattered water droplets all over the paper and dried it using a paper towel. And then I mixed some chipped sapphire oxide ink with water and used a small brush to create a bunch of dots on my sky.


And I also wanted my cute little ducks to have fun under the rain, so I used the Rainy backdrop die to create a million raindrops all over my sky.


For the bottom of my card, I went with two simple borders: a grass border that I colored with peeled paint and forest moss oxide inks, and a wavy border with tumbled glass and stormy sky oxide inks.


Next I moved on to the interactive part of the card, and I encourage you to watch the process video at the end of this blog post because it's always easier to understand with images ^^ And when it was all built up, I assembled and stuck all my cute images on my panel using a combination of foam squares and liquid glue.

Once everything was attached, I used a white gel pen to add highlights on the images, and the final thing to do was to add a handle at the end of the pull tab.


VIDEO
(click on the picture below)



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Rub a dub dub
- All the clouds
- Elphie selfie
- Toadally awesome
- Swan soirée

Die sets
- Swish 'n pop
- Large stitched rectangle stackables
- Simple stitched rectangle stackables
- Grassy border
- Rainy backdrop: landscape

Misc.
- Fog cardstock
- Moonstone cardstock
- Jet black ink


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress oxide inks: stormy sky, chipped sapphire, tumbled glass, peeled paint, forest moss
- Sakura white gel pen
- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire