Lawn Fawn - A Waving Pull Tab Slimline Polar Bear Card

samedi 26 septembre 2020

 Hi there,

Today I'm back with some cute polar bears celebrating Christmas on the ice field. To create this card, I gathered most of the bears we got in the new release, as well as some other images to help me create my scene. I stamped all the images on white cardstock using jet black ink and used the coordinating dies to cut them all.

When the coloring was done, I cut some elements to build my background: a slimline panel, a wavy borders, and two dens.


I started by coloring the wavy border using blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot distress inks. I colored the middle section of the slimline panel using tumbled glass. And used cracked pistachio and salty ocean distress inks for the sky.

Like always I added texture to those elements, as well as liquid stardust drops all over the panel to get a starry sky and a sparkly snow field.


I created a den for my bear family, and next I moved on to the waving pull tab mechanism and I encourage you to watch the video below to see how it was done, it's easier to understand with images ^^


When the mechanism was done, I attached the bear between the arms using foam tape. I also stuck the ocean border using double sided tape, and I gave the bear a blue scarf using glue dots. I stamped two more snow angel prints, and stuck two little bears on those print using foam tape again.

I applied two layers of foam tape at the back of my panel, making sure to stay away from the pull strip, and I stuck my panel on a card base. And then I finally attached the rest of the images using glue dots and foam tape.


Once everything was attached, I cut an arrow out of pixie dust cardstock that I attached at the top of the pull strip. Next I made the christmas tree lights shiny using glossy accents. And finally I added chunky glitter on the top edge of the wavy border.


VIDEO
(click on the picture below)



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets

- Snow much fun

- Den sweet den

- Yeti or not

- Christmas dreams

- Cheery christmas

- Offset sayings christmas

- Beary happy holidays

- Baaah humbug

- Critters in the arctic


Die sets

- Large slimline

- Waving pull tab starter

- Stitched dens

- Stitched simple wavy borders


Misc.

- Chunky glitter

- Black licorice + Mermaid + Pixie dust cardstocks

- Glue tube

- Jet black ink

- Clear embossing ink

- White embossing powder



OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot, cracked pistachio, salty ocean
- Sakura white gel pen
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Glossy accents by Ranger

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi hun, I’ve been watching a lot of your videos on UTube over this last week. I think your talents are superb. You have got me getting my collection of Spectrum Noir markers out of the box I was going to sell or give away. I’ve had the whole collection (not including the new releases) but I just couldn’t get to Gris with shading, and back then not a lot of people were doing videos like you were doing, I just hadn’t found you then lol. So thank you for saving my markers and encouragingly me to get them back out n practising. I’ve been making notes of the colour blends you use but then I’m missing out on your colouring. I’ve just watched your 3 part colour combo video - do u think you could do another sharing more of your amazing two colour blends. Once I’m confident that I’m getting the hang of blending I will purchase the other colours I’m missing or I’ll get them for Christmas. Your a star and your cards are amazing - I’m loving Lawn Fawn and have a wish list as long as your arm lol. Please keep sharing your amazing makes. I appreciate all your hard work that goes into each individual video you upload xxx cheers Nessa

    RépondreSupprimer