Holiday Card Series w/ Lawn Fawn - How To Build a Gingerbread House Candle Decoration

mardi 20 octobre 2020

 Hey there,

I'm so glad to be back with a cute gingerbread house which is also a candle decoration. This house was super easy to make, it just took some die cutting and a little bit of inking to create it.

I started by cutting the base using the Shadow Box Card die set and Paper Bag cardstock.


Next I cut two house fronts out of Kraft cardstock using the Build A House die set. And to create a door opening and a window opening on those facades I used dies from the Build A House Gingerbread House addon.

To create the house I also needed side walls so I cut two rectangles measuring 3,25 x 2,75" and used a die from Build A House to create window openings on those two elements.

Next I added some texture to the two front pieces and two side walls because those elements looked definitely too flat to me. So I applied some vintage photo distress ink on the edges of those four walls using a blending tool, and then I added drops of vintage photo. I first smooshed my vintage photo ink pad onto my glass surface and added water to create splatters on the four wall pieces.

To hide the inside of the house, I attached pieces of vellum at the back of each wall. And next I finally decorated my four gingerbread walls using dies from Build A House, Build A House Christmas add-on and Build A House Gingerbread House add-on.

I cut pieces out of Paper Bag cardstock, Pixie Dust cardstock, Red Shimmery cardstock, and also pattern papers from Snow Day remix and Let It Shine.


Once the four walls were decorated, I created holes in both base panels. I assembled those two pieces, and next I used liquid glue to stick the four gingerbread walls on the base.

The final step was to create a roof for my house. I cut a rectangle out of Red Shimmery cardstock measuring 3,76 x 3,5" and I glued scallop details on top of it. And to add more sparkles to that roof I cut a slightly bigger roof out of Pixie Dust cardstock and I made the edges more interesting by using a Stitched Scalloped Border die. And next I glued the roofs. The white shiny one first and then the red one on top.


Next I created two identical banners using a Simple Wavy Banner die along with a sentiment from Winter Wavy Sayings. I white heat embossed my sentiment on a Paper Bag banner, I attached that banner on a Pixie Dust one and then I stuck the elements on each side of the house.

Finally I used a white gel pen to add highlights on some parts of the house, and also applied glossy accents on the candy canes to make those elements super shiny.

And that's is, my gingerbread house is done and I think it would be fun to create more of these, with different colors to create a cute village. So here's the house with all the lights on,

and here's the house with candles inside of it. I hope you like it and I will see you next time, thanks for watching, bye!


VIDEO
Below or here



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
Winter wavy sayings

Die sets
Build a house
Build a house Christmas house add-on
Build a house gingerbread house add-on
Simple wavy banners
Shadow box card
Stitched scalloped borders

Papers
Kraft
Paper bag
Gemstone red shimmer
Pixie dust
Let it shine 6x6
Snow day remix 6x6
Vellum

Misc.
Clear embossing ink
White embossing powder
Glue tube


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Vintage photo distress ink
- Glossy accents by Ranger
- Sakura white gel pen
- Candles from Hema

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire