Holiday Card Series w/ Lawn Fawn - Building a Fireplace

dimanche 1 novembre 2020

 Hello there,

It's Lawn Fawn inspiration week and today the design team is showcasing the Shadow box card fireplace add-on. As the name suggests, this die set coordinates with the Shadow Box Card die set, but I decided to mix that set with some others to create a fireplace on a A2 card.

So to create my fireplace, I cut two panels out of strathmore bristol cardstock using the Small and Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables, and I applied frayed burlap distress ink on both panels to get a nice base. Next I used the brick stencil along with fired brick, vintage photo and ground espresso distress ink to create a nice brick texture on the two panels.


To create the inside of my fireplace, I took another piece of strathmore cardstock that I colored using ground espresso and black soot distress along with the brick stencil.

Next I moved on to the fireplace accessories. I cut them all out of cardstock and pattern paper using dies from various sets, and to match the brick distress ink fireplace background, I added shadows and contrast to most of those pieces using distress inks along with a sponge dauber and a blending tool.


Once all my elements were dry, I assembled the fireplace with all the accessories and decorations. I created my sentiment from Winter Wavy Sayings that I white heat embossed on a Simple Wavy Banner, and attached it at the top of the wreath.

When everything was attached, I used white blizzard and morning dew nuvo drops to add shiny details on the bows, on the berries and also on the presents. And finally a little touch of sparkle on the fire using my spectrum noir clear shimmer brush.


VIDEO
Below or here



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Die sets
- Shadow box card fireplace add-on
- Shadow box card mountain add-on
- Mini wreath
- Woodland critter hugger Christmas add-on
- Simple wavy banners
- Large stitched rectangle stackables
- Small stitched rectangle stackables

Stamp set
- Winter wavy sayings

Misc.
- Brick stencil
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder
- Glue tube

Cardstock
- Paper bag
- Noble fir
- Shimmer gemstone
- Shimmer neutrals
- Fake tan
- Sunflower
- Chocolate bar 

Papers
- Let it shine 6x6
- Perfectly plaid Christmas 6x6


OTHER SUPPLIES

- Distress inks: forest moss, vintage photo, fossilized amber, spiced marmalade, fired brick, ground espresso, black soot, frayed burlap
- Morning dew nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- White blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire