Hello Bluebird - Word Buddies Jungle & Woodland

dimanche 23 mai 2021

Hey there,

Today I'm back to share two cards featuring supplies from the latest Hello Bluebird release: Word Buddies Jungle, and Word Buddies Woodland.

I started with the jungle themed card featuring Word Buddies Jungle. Stamped some koalas and sloths as well as a toucan bird, balloons, hearts and leaves using alcohol marker friendly black ink and colored those images using my Spectrum Noir and Graph'it Brush markers.


For the background, I cut a 5,5 x 4,25' panel that I colored using squeezed lemonade, twisted citron, pine needles and chipped sapphire oxide inks. Once I was happy with the blending, I added some texture: water droplets and then some contrast using some chipped sapphire oxide ink mixed with water and finally a touch of light using white acrylic paint mixed with water.


I cut one Wild About You out of a wood textured cardstock and one out of yellow cardstock, I glued the yellow one at the back of the other to create an outline and make the wood one pop on the background. Applied foam squares at the back of the whole piece and stuck it on the panel. And next I stuck all the images around that giant sentiment using a combination of glue dots, foam squares and liquid glue.

Finally I added highlights on the images using my white gel pen and then attached my panel on a green card base.

Next I moved on to the second card featuring Word Buddies Woodland. I went with bunnies, hearts, balloons and leaves that I colored using my alcohol markers again.


I cut a 5,5 x 4,25' panel and this time I wanted something more sweet so I used squeezed lemonade, dried marigold, kitsch flamingo and picked raspberry oxide inks.

Once the background was all done, I created my sentiment. I used the You Make Me Smile die four times: two times to cut the letters out of white cardstock, one time out of a light beige cardstock on the right, and one time out of an A2 panel that I used as a template in order to stick the letters perfectly straight.

I temporarily taped that template on top of my oxide ink panel and then did like a puzzle: I placed the die cut letters right on the matching ones on the panel. I attached the white ones first to create dimension and then the light beige letters on top.


Once the letters were all attached, I removed the template, and then stuck all my cute images using liquid glue and foam squares. And finally I added a few clear drops here and there to bring an extra touch of shine.


VIDEO



HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
Word Buddies Jungle stamp set
- Portrait Pals stamp set
- More Jungle Littles stamp set
- Jungle Littles stamp set
- Word Buddies Woodland stamp set
- Banner Buddies stamp set
- Make Me Smile die
- Wild For You die


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: squeezed lemonade, twisted citron, pine needles, chipped sapphire, dried marigold, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry
- Sakura white gel pen
- Morning Dew nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- Woodgrain cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Sunflower cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Light beige cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Smooth watercolor cardstock by Vaessen Creative

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire