Avery Elle - Carolers Shaker Snow Globe

dimanche 25 septembre 2022

Hello there,

I'm so happy to share with you this new holiday shaker card showcasing the adorable Carolers stamp set by Avery ElleI created a snow globe that I filled with a million iridescent confetti, and colored those lovely critters in bright tones to make them pop on the blue background and make the card even more festive.

I started off by creating the bottom of my snow globe. I white heat embossed my sentiment on a piece of kraft cardstock, and used the largest arch die from the Outside the box level-up die set by MFT to trim it and get a rectangle that will go right below the snow globe.

Next I worked on the front of the card and on the inside as well. For the front, I cut a 5,5" x 4,25" bristol panel that I colored using blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot oxide inks. And for the inside, I cut another 5,5" x 4,25" bristol panel that I colored using a Birch tree stencil by LF along with salvaged patina oxide ink. And next I cut an arch window out of the front panel.

I wanted to add a frosty look to my snow globe, so I used the arch die again to cut a window out of some copy paper to create a template, I attached that template on an acetate panel using washi tape, and used copic opaque white ink with a sponge dauber to create frost on the acetate, all along the edges. And I also added a few drops of that same white ink all over the acetate.


Once the acetate was dry, I attached my window panel on top of it using liquid glue, making sure to line up the window with the frosty arch. I added the base of the snow globe below the window, as well as a simple wavy white border that I attached at the back of the panel.

And then I created room for the shaker accessories by adding foam strips at the back of the panel and all around the window. Added powder inside the window all along the foam strips to make the edges non sticky, cleaned the excess of powder with a microfiber cloth, I added a million confetti inside the window, and finally attached the birch tree panel on the foam strips to totally close and complete the shaker panel.

Next I stamped my images, cut them all using the coordinating and colored everything using my alcohol markers. And once they were done, I attached all the images on the shaker panel using foam squares. And always I finished my card by adding white highlights and details on everything using my white gel pen.


VIDEO



AVERY ELLE SUPPLIES
- Carolers stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Outside the box level-up die set by My Favorite Things
- Birch tree stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Oxide inks: blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel
- Confetti by Studio Katia
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Extreme black ink by My Favorite Things
- Paper bag cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (panels)
- Transotype perfect coloring paper (images)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire