Pretty Pink Posh August Instagram Hop

lundi 14 août 2023


Hey there,

I'm thrilled to be back with this new Halloween card showcasing the brand new Boo To You stamp set from the Pretty Pink Posh August release. As you may know, I love busy card packed with a bunch of cute images, so I'm really happy of how my card turned out!

Please check my post on Instagram to get all the details about this hop.


First thing I worked on is the background. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches kraft panel, and used the Layered Pumpkins stencils to create a super cool pumpkin background. To make my pumpkins stand out on the kraft panel, I started off by inking them using white pigment ink, and then I used my heat gun to dry the ink. Next I shifted my stencil a little bit towards the right, and used spiced marmalade to create bright orange pumpkins. And by shifting my stencil, I got a nice white border around each pumpkin. I finished my pumpkin background by inking the stem and leaf parts using vintage photo oxide ink.

Next I stamped a whole bunch of images from Boo To You, including the large pumpkin shaped one, on Transotype perfect coloring paper using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and then colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it brush markers, and I went with the traditional black, orange and yellow color palette.


Once everything was colored, I cut a vellum panel, slightly smaller than my pumpkin panel, and attached images at the very top and at the very bottom of it using 1mm foam squares, leaving a large space in the center for my pumpkin shaped group of tiny images. And speaking of which, I wanted this big group of images to have a frame all around to really make it pop, so I used the pumpkin coordinating die from Boo To You to trace the shape on dark brown cardstock, I fussy cut it and attached my pumpkin shaped group of images on top of it using liquid glue.

I stuck my big pumpkin on the vellum panel using liquid glue. I white heat embossed my "Boo to you" greeting from Boo To You on black cardstock, cut it using the coordinating die, and attached it on the bottom right hand corner of the pumpkin, along with three more bats. Next I added liquid glue at the back of my vellum panel, but just behind the images, and I attached it on my Layered Pumpkins kraft panel. And as always I finished my card by adding highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Boo to you stamp set
- Layered pumpkins stencils


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: spiced marmalade, vintage photo, black soot
- White pigment ink by Lawn Fawn
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Kraft cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Vellum by Lawn Fawn
- Colored cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Transotype perfect coloring paper

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire