Holiday Card Series 2018 - Christmas Picture Book

mercredi 19 septembre 2018

Hello there,

I've been wanting some Picture Book wafer dies by Simon Says Stamp for a very long time, so when I got those ones, I was very happy, and decided to make several cards with them using the same design but different color combos.


I first started by applying distress inks on Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock; I used two shades per card. And next, I applied white ink on each distress ink background using a snow stencil and a finger dauber. I let the ink dry over night.


Next I die cut and assembled my four characters: a snowman, a moose, a deer and Santa, using several cardstocks from my stash. I used liquid glue to attached everything.


I also die cut four scalloped borders, four "Fa la la" in four different glitter cardstocks, and four outlines in vellum. I attached one glitter piece on one vellum piece to form the first part of the sentiment. For the second part, I simply white heat embossed the words "Merry Christmas" on black cardstock.


Next I attached everything on the distress ink panels using foam adhesive squares and liquid glue. I also added white highlights on each character, and clear drops on some of the snowflakes in the background. And finally I attached each panel on a white card base.


VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Picture Book Deer wafer die by SSS
- Picture Book Snowman wafer die by SSS
- Picture Book Santa wafer die by SSS
- Picture Book Moose wafer die by SSS
- Fa la la wafer die by SSS
- Falling snow stencil by SSS
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, peacock feathers, shaded lilac, blueprint sketch, cracked pistachio, lucky clover, victorian velvet, seedless preserve
- Cardstocks and pattern papers from my stash
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder by Aladine
- White gel pen from UniBall

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire