Lawn Fawn - Magical Garden - Double Slider Surprise

mercredi 17 avril 2019

Hey there,

Today I'm sharing with you a new double slider card, I really enjoy creating them and be sure that if we had more hours in a day, I would make more ^^


I first started by cutting all the elements: 2 pocket panels, 2 small panels and a track piece. All from bristol cardstock. I applied double sided tape to both of the pocket pieces and to the track piece, and folded the thin tabs on both pocket pieces. 

Next I attached a strip of plastic bag (2-1/4" wide) around the track piece. I placed the seam of the plastic strip on one side of the track piece and applied double sided tape. And I did the same thing at the back but on the opposite side. 

I die cut one more pocket piece and one more panel piece from bristol cardstock and used them to die cut grass borders.



To create the sky on the three panels I used spun sugar, picked raspberry, seedless preserves distress inks and a little bit of chipped sapphire at the very top. The grass borders were colored using chipped sapphire. And for more texture and details I splattered coordinating drops on each panel.

I die cut some elements from the mushroom house set and colored them using the same distress inks as before, and I assembled it. 

Before starting to assemble the slider I die cut notches on both sides of the front pocket piece. I aligned the right side of the track piece on my mat and attached the right panel to the plastic strip. Turned the track piece over, aligned it on the mat and adhered the other panel to the plastic strip. Next I attached both pocket pieces together, and adhered the slider inside.

To totally complete the slider element I applied seedless preserves distress ink on a piece of bristol cardstock, die cut 2 tabs, and attached them on both sides of the slider pocket.



Next I stamped all my images on Neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink and colored them using my spectrum noir markers. I used some new color combos on this card so be sure to check the video below to complete your chart ^^

For my sentiment, I stamped 2 speech bubbles, a heart and the word Hi on vellum using seedless preserves oxide ink and heat embossed them using clear embossing powder.



Next I stuck all the images down using glue dots, and stamped some dragonflies and diamond shapes using seedless preserves and picked raspberry oxide inks. For more sparkles I added white blizzard nuvo drops on the flowers and the fairies wings, and also white nuvo drops in the center of each flower.

And finally I cut a card base out of dark blue cardstock, layered a glitter pink scalloped panel and a plaid panel on top of each other, and attached the slider on top using strong tape.

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Fairy friends stamp + die sets
- Gleeful garden stamp + die sets
- Some bunny stamp + die sets
- Oh gnome stamp + die sets
- Butterfly kisses stamp + die sets
- Happy village stamp + die sets
- Double slider surprise die set
- Mushroom house die set
- Fancy scalloped rectangle stackables die set
- Large stitched 4 bar rectangles die set
- Grassy border die set
- Sparkle cardstock "Spring"
- Perfectly plaid Fall 6x6 paper pack
- Clear embossing powder

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: spun sugar, picked raspberry, seedless preserves, chipped sapphire
- Distress oxide ink: seedless preserves
- Dark blue cardstock by Sostrene Grene
- Versamark ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Memento tuxedo black ink
- Vellum from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire