Under The Sea Card Series - Magical Ocean - Double Slider Surprise Card

samedi 29 juin 2019

Hey there, 

The last days have been pretty hot here in France, so I think an under the sea card is  perfect to end this sweaty week! Plus, it's been a while since my last double slider surprise so I'm very happy to share this card.



I started by cutting the different double slider elements: 2 panel pieces, 2 pocket pieces and a track piece. All out of bristol cardstock. I folded the score lines on both pocket pieces, and applied double sided tape on the tabs.

I did the same thing on the track piece, front and back. Next i applied double sided tape on one edge of a plastic strip, and i attached it around the track piece. I placed the seam on the left and applied tape on it. And i did the same thing at the back but on the opposite side.

Next i cut one more pocket piece and one more panel piece out of bristol cardstock and used them to die cut grass and hill borders.


I colored the panels and hill borders: i first applied tattered rose distress ink, and then festive berries ink to add more depth. The grass borders were colored using victorian velvet and seedless preserves distress inks. I also added texture to the panels by splattering water and some drops festive berries ink. Next i layered the different borders on the panels.

I aligned the track piece on the mat and attached the right panel on it. I turned the track piece over and stuck the other panel down. And i die cut notches on both sides of the front pocket panel. Next i attached both pocket pieces together, stuck the track piece down inside, and closed the pocket.



My images were stamped on neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink and colored using my alcohol markers. I cut them using the coordinating dies and before attaching them, i stamped some fish silhouettes to add more interest to the background.

When i was done adhering the images, i layered a gold glitter panel, a pink strip panel and a guava panel on a ballet slippers card base, and finally stuck my double slider on top.

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Really rainbow 6x6 paper pack
- Guava cardstock
- Ballet slippers cardstock
- Critters ever after stamp + die sets
- Mermaid for you stamp + die sets
- Critters in the sea stamp + die sets
- Life is good stamp + die sets
- Critters in the jungle stamp + die sets
- You are sublime stamp + die sets
- Fintastic friends stamp + die sets
- Double slider surprise die set
- Large stitched 4 bar rectangle die set
- Simple stitched hillside border die set
- Simple grassy hillsides die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: tattered, festive berries, victorian velvet, seedless preserves
- Oxide inks: tattered rose, worn lipstick, candied apple
- Versamark ink
- Antique gold embossing powder by Simon Says Stamp
- Sakura white gel pen
- Vellum from my stash
- Gold glitter cardstock from my stash
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire