Holiday Card Series 2019 w/ Hello Bluebird - Fairies & Unicorns

lundi 16 décembre 2019

Hey there,

I'm back today with a cute and magical Christmas card featuring a holiday fairy and three elegant unicorns. The other day I was searching through my Hello Bluebird collection when I came across those unicorns and I thought they would be perfect to stand in for the reindeers.



I started by cutting a large panel out of Strathmore bristol cardstock and I used oxide inks (stormy sky, faded jeans, chipped sapphire and black soot) to create a night sky.

To create stars, I splattered water on the paper using a small brush, and now dabbed the water with a paper towel. 
Fairies and unicorns are magical so I definitely needed sparkles. So I just splattered liquid stardust all over the panel to create a bunch of shiny stars. Or maybe it's fairy dust ^^ But it was still a little bit too flat so I ended up adding white drops to my panel for more contrast.



Next I gold heat embossed my sentiment "Merry Christmas" on my panel.

I used several stamp sets to make this card, I stamped them on Neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink and colored them using my alcohol markers. When it was done, I fussy cut the sleigh so I could replace Santa with the fairy.




I trimmed off the trees, placed the fairy and unicorns on my panel and attached them using a combination of glue dots and foam squares. One of the final step was to link each unicorn to the sleigh so I simply used silver thread to do this.

Next I colored the string of lights using a gold gel pen, and also applied clear shimmer to the unicorns tail and mane. Finally and as always I added white highlights on the images and also white blizzard nuvo drops to the lights to make them sparkle.
 
VIDEO
Below or here

HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- O Christmas tree stamp + die sets
- Fairy garden stamp + die sets
- Unicorn tales stamp + die sets
- North pole littles stamp + die sets
- Snow play stamp + die sets
- Autumn gatherings stamp + die sets
- Holiday flurries stamp set (sentiment)

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: stormy sky, faded jeans, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Gold embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- White posca pen
- White paint by Hero Arts
- Clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh
- White blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire