Hello Bluebird - Magical Unicorn Box Card

lundi 6 janvier 2020

Hi there,

I'm back with my first video of the year. I went with my favorite color and used the cute Unicorn Tales stamp set to create a magical birthday box card. I hope you'll like it.


To start, I did all the die cutting off screen and built the box card base. You can check the video at the end to see the process ^^

In my head, unicorns go with sparkles and maybe rainbows, so I cut three rainbow sections out of blue, silver and white adhesive glitter cardstock using dies from the Rainbow Sky die set. And I stuck those three pieces on a piece of the same navy blue cardstock as the card base.


For the coloring part, I first stamped my images of white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink, cut them using the coordinating dies, and colored them using my alcohol markers. When it was done, I adhered the rainbow inside of the box on one of the cloud border using glue dots, as well as one of the unicorn on top of it.


To accentuate the fact that the unicorns are in the sky, I cut several clouds out of white cardstock and silver cardstock using coordinating dies from three different sets: Fall Friends, Puddle Play and Rainy Day. I layered both elements (white + silver) and attached them along with the three remaining unicorns on the bottom sections of the card.


I white heat embossed my sentiment "Hope your day is magical" on the same blue cardstock as the card base, and next I added clouds at both ends of the rainbow.

When I make a box cards, I like to add floating things, so I simply stuck clouds on strips of clear acetate using glue dots and I attached those strips here and there inside of the card on the insert pieces.


Next I added more floating things: stars and diamond shapes that were cut out of silver and blue cardstocks using coordinating dies from the Unicorn Tales stamp set. Again, I stuck those tiny elements on strips of acetate that I glued inside of the box on the insert pieces.

VIDEO
Below or here


HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Unicorn tales stamp + die sets
- Puddle play coordinating die set
- Fall friends coordinating die set
- Rainy day coordinating die set
- Rainbow sky die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Scalloped box card pop-up die set by Lawn Fawn
- Blue jay cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Polka pattern paper by Clairefontaine
- Glitter cardstocks by Toga
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Hero Arts

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire