Lawn Fawn - Happy Australia Day

dimanche 26 janvier 2020

Hi there,

Today, January 26th, is Australia Day. Australia has been facing terrible fires for several months now and I thought it was time to pay tribute to this country, to the Australians and to the beautiful wildlife. But in an optimistic way, with some cute critters celebrating the birth of a baby kangaroo.



I started by die cutting a bunch of things to create a cute Australian landscape: N°2 Pencil card base, three Sunflower rectangles and two kinds of borders: three Paper Bag wavy borders using the Stitched Simple Wavy Border die set and three dark red mountain border using the Shadow Box Card Mountain add-on. I added shadows on all those elements and attached them on the front of my card and also in the inside.




For the middle scene, I first die cut an insert piece, I applied double sided tape on the thin tabs, folded those tabs and the insert piece in half, I trimmed it a little bit so it wouldn't peek from behind the future border and I attached the element inside of the card (please watch the video at the end of this post to see the process ^^) I cut another wavy border measuring 2-1/8 inches long, I folded it in half and attached it on the insert pieces.


I stamped my images on Neenah solar white cardstock using brown ink and colored them using my alcohol markers. Most of the images are from the Critters Down Under stamp set. But the small kangaroo and baby are from this Party Kangaroo stamp set. This stamp set is a free gift at Lawn Fawn during your birthday month. All you have to do is to add your date of birth in your Lawn Fawn account and you will receive the code by email.




When the coloring part was done, I cut the images using the coordinating dies and stuck everything on the front panel and inside of the card using glue dots and liquid glue.



Like I said at the beginning, those cute critters are celebrating the birth of a baby kangaroo, so when everything was attached, I gave them party hats to make it more happy. The tiny hat is from the Party Kangaroo stamp set (the free gift) and the two big hats are from the Wild for you stamp set.




For my sentiment, I stamped the words "Hello Baby" from the Hello Baby stamp set on Vanilla cardstock and stuck those pieces on the front panel using foam squares. And finally I attached a boomerang in one of the trees inside of the card, and added white highlights on the images.

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Center Picture Window die set + add-on
- Critters down under stamp + die sets
- Party Kangaroo stamp + die sets
- Stuck on you stamp + die sets
- Stitched simple wavy border die set
- Shadow bow card mountain add-on die set
- N°2 pencil + Sunflower + Paper bag + Vanilla cardstocks

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: vintage photo, rusty hinge, ground espresso
- Sakura white gel pen
- Twine by Stampin' Up!
- Dark red cardstock from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire