Hello Bluebird - Aloha

samedi 20 juin 2020

Hello there,

Today I'm taking you with me for a trip to Hawaii! I have personally never been there, so this card is a good way to virtually visit the archipelago!



I started with the coloring. I stamped all my images using Potting Soil ink by Ranger and cut everything using the coordinating dies.

But we don't have palm trees in our Hello Bluebird collection, so I decided to create them. For the tree trunk, I used the middle tree of an image from Picked For You, the leaf image is from Portrait Pals. And for the coconuts I used snowballs from Snowball Fight and Snow Play.

I assembled the palm trees, and next I colored additional images. All the supplies are listed below the video at the end of this post.



For the background, I cut and colored several elements:

- a 5,5 x 4,25" panel that I colored using cracked pistachio and peacock feathers distress inks,
- a mountain + two hill borders that I colored using shabby shutters and mowed lawn distress inks,
- an ocean section that I colored using tumbled glass, salty ocean and blueprint sketch distress inks,
- a sand border that I colored using scattered straw and vintage photo distress inks.



Next, I white heat embossed my sentiment 'Life is better at the beach' at the top of my panel, and adhered all the borders. And finally I attached all my images on the panel.

I cut the word 'Aloha' out of white cardstock and yellow glitter cardstock. I stuck the white letters first to get a dimensional base, and then I adhered the sparkly letters on top using liquid glue.

Finally, I stamped some seagulls in the sky and waves in the ocean, both stamps are from Seaside Girls, and I added white dots in the middle of each flower.


VIDEO
Click on the image below or here

HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, tumbled glass, salty ocean, blueprint sketch, shabby shutters, mowed lawn, scattered straw, vintage photo
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Glitter cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol cardstock
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire