Lawn Fawn - A Relaxing Summer Pull Tab Card

jeudi 11 juin 2020

Hi there,

Today I have a cute and happy beach scene to share with you! And nothing surprising, I used a bunch of stamp and die sets to create this interactive card, so be sure to check the list of supplies below the video for more details.


I stamped all the images using jet black ink and colored everything using my alcohol markers like always.

When the coloring was done, I cut a stitched rectangle and the different borders out of strathmore bristol cardstock. I started with the stitched rectangle and used the cloudy stencil along with tumbled glass and salty ocean distress inks to create the sky.

Next, I wanted to keep the sand border simple so I used scattered straw distress ink only to color it, and I added texture by splattering scattered straw and vintage photo water drops on my paper.

Next, the ocean borders. I colored the tall one using tumbled glass and peacock feathers distress inks, and the small one using peacock feathers and blueprint sketch distress inks. Next, some texture again. First some water drops on both borders, and then I used peacock feathers and blueprint sketch distress inks mixed with water to add some darkness.


Next I moved on to the interactive part of my card.

I first started by cutting a notch out of both ocean borders, on the right side. Next I cut an horizontal slit out of the large ocean border.

I die cut the pull tab element and colored it the same way as the small ocean border, applied double sided tape on one of the tabs, and I folded those tabs. I put the tabs through the slit at the back of the ocean border, and attached a sleeve at the back of the border to keep the pull tab element in place.

I took the small remaining piece from the first ocean border, I cut an arrow out of it using the arrow handle die and I glued this element at the very end of the pull tab.


I white heat embossed my sentiment 'Have a relaxing summer' on the small ocean border.

Next I removed the backing paper off the pull tab and attached the bear. I applied foam tape on the front of the large ocean border, making sure to stay away from the pull tab mechanism, and then I attached the small border on top so that my little bear could finally swim.

At the back of that same border, I applied more foam tape, making sure one again to avoid the mechanism, and then I adhered the element to the sand border. Next I applied double sided tape at the back of that sand border and stuck it to the cloudy panel.


And then I finally moved on to the next step: attaching all the images using a combination of glue dots and foam squares. And when everything was attached, I stamped some seagulls in the sky, I added white highlights on the images and finally I attached my panel on a mermaid card base. And I also gave the fox a pair of sunglasses ^^


VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers - Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, scattered straw, vintage photo, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch - Sakura white gel pen - Neenah solar white cardstock - Strathmore bristol cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire