Lawn Fawn - Juice Bar Shaker Card

mardi 27 juillet 2021

 Hey there,

I'm back today with more summer and tropical inspiration and I'm taking you to a juice bar on the beach. As always I went through my entire Lawn Fawn collection to pick up my images so make sure to check the video or the list of supplies below for more details.

Stamped and cut all my images, and I started by making some changes on the blender: I traced the inside using an alcohol marker black pen to have 1mm edges inside the blender and then cut the middle of the blender using my utility knife. Next I used my black marker again to color the inside edges of the opening and this way get a more consistent look, and then I colored the blender and all the other images using my alcohol markers.

Next I moved on to the background and started by created the back of my juice bar. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" panel out of a green Spiffy Speckles paper and to give it more interest, I just applied a bit of mowed lawn distress ink on the edges.

I created a wood planks counter to put the blender and fruits on using the Simple Stripes Background Portrait die. I kept all the pieces together by using washi tape at the back and then used shabby shutters distress ink to add a first layer of color on those planks. Next, with the elements still attached together at the back, I taped the first tropical leaves background stencil on top of the panel and used mowed lawn distress ink to add green leaves to my counter. Removed the stencil and taped the second one on top and filled the empty spaces with more green tropical leaves.

I separated all the pieces in order to add more shadows and depth to those pieces: I just applied mowed lawn distress ink again on the edges of each element. And finally to emphasize the worn out look I wanted to give to those wood planks, I splattered water drops that I dried using a paper towel, and then added a mix of mowed lawn distress ink and water using my small brush to totally complete my wood planks counter.

For the roof of my juice bar, I cut a rectangle out of paper bag cardstock and then from that rectangle I cut a grass border. I added a little bit of vintage photo distress ink at the top of that border, as well as a mix a the same ink with water.


Next I created the shaker mechanism. And I invite you to check the video below to watch the whole process because it's always easier to understand with images.

And when the mechanism was done, I assembled the different elements on my panel: the tropical leaves wood planks counter first, next the top of the counter and the roof. And then all the fruits and tropical bits and pieces to make my juice bar come to life.

Next I created my sentiment. I started by cutting the word "Summer" three times out of mermaid cardstock. On one of those words, I applied a little bit of peacock feathers distress ink, I glued the two other words to create dimension, attached the first word on top and then stuck the letters on my panel right on the tropical leaves counter.

And I customized the first part of my sentiment to create my own phrase "Have a sweet and smooth". I white heat embossed it on sunflower cardstock and used a banner die to cut it and I attached at the top of my panel using foam squares.

 
VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
Toucan do it
- Happy summer
- Aloha
- Sweetest flavor
- Bubbles of joy
- Sweet friends
- Baked with love
- Cheery Christmas
- So smooth

Die sets
- Simple stripes background portrait
- Oliver stitched ABCs
- Everyday sentiment banners
- Grassy border
- Picket fence
- Large stitched rectangle stackables

Misc
- Tropical leaves background stencils
- Spiffy Speckles paper pack
- Watercolor Wishes rainbow paper pack
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder
- Jet black ink
- Mermaid cardstock
- Sunflower cardstock
- Paper bag cardstock


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress inks: shabby shutters, mowed lawn, vintage photo, peacock feathers, wild honey
- Sakura white gel pen
- Shaker material from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire