Holiday Card Series w/ Sunny Studio - Tunnel Shaker Card

jeudi 2 décembre 2021

Hello there,

I'm thrilled to be back on Sunny Studio blog today with this tunnel shaker card featuring three super cute penguins having fun and dancing to celebrate the holidays. They are from Penguin pals as well as the fishes, postcards and candy canes, and I also picked the tree from Feeling frosty. I stamped those images on white cardstock using extreme black ink by My Favorite Things, and colored them using my alcohol markers.

Next I created the tunnel panels. I cut four 5,5 x 4,25" panels out of grey, white glitter and white cardstock as well as a grey pattern paper from the Subtle grey tones paper pack. I set the pattern paper panel aside and kept the three others. And using dies from Stitched Oval 2, I cut a large oval window out of the grey panel, a medium oval window out of the white glitter panel, and a small oval window out of the white panel.

I wanted this tunnel card to be a shaker card as well, so I kept the white panel and attached a piece of acetate at the back of it using liquid glue. I added foam tape at the back of each tunnel panel.

And on the white panel, I also added foam tape all around the window to create room for the sequins. I applied powder all along the inside edges of the foam around the window (the powder makes the edges of the foam non sticky and this way the sequins don't stick to it), I cleaned the acetate, and then I added a mix of white sequins, snowflakes, Pure white jewels and Crystal clear jewels into the window section. I peeled the backing off the foam tape and attached the pattern paper panel to totally close the shaker. And then I stuck the two other tunnel panel on top of this shaker panel: the white glitter one first and then the grey one on top.

To finish this tunnel nicely, I created a frame. I first used the largest die from Scalloped oval mat 1 to cut a white woodgrain panel, and then I used the largest die from Stitched oval 2 to cut a window out of this woodgrain element and this way create an oval frame that I attached on the tunnel panel.

I also cut and glued a white wavy border at the bottom of the panel, and then I attached the images using liquid glue, foam squares and glue dots. And finally I white heat embossed my sentiment "It's penguining to look a lot like Christmas" from Penguin pals on a slim blue banner that I attached at the top of the tunnel using liquid glue.


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Stitched oval 2 die set
- Scalloped oval mat 1 die set
- Penguin pals stamp set
- Feeling frosty stamp set
- Pure white jewels
- Crystal clear jewels
- Subtle grey tones 6x6 paper pack

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Sakura white gel pen
- Sequins and snowflakes from my stash
- Fog cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Pixie dust cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Mermaid cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire