Sunny Studio - Bursting Hearts Shaker Card

jeudi 27 janvier 2022

Hello there,

I'm back with a new Sunny Studio shaker card showcasing the gorgeous Bursting Hearts die. I think this die is self-sufficient, it has a great impact just by itself, you don't need to add a bunch of images to create a beautiful card. This is why I only stamped and colored a cute bear couple from Bear Hugs.

To create the background, I cut two panels out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock measuring 5,5 x 4,25 inches, and colored both of them in cold and wintery colors using cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot distress ink. I applied the ink from the lightest to the darkest, starting in the middle of the panel towards the edges.

I like my distress ink panels to have texture so I added a lot. I first added water droplets that I dried using a paper towel. Next I mixed some peacock feathers, blueprint sketch and black soot distress inks with water and added more splatters on the papers. I also splattered some liquid stardust mixed with water for some sparkling accents. And to bring more contrast, I splattered a mix of white ink and water.


Once the panels were dry, I cut a million hearts out of one of them using the Bursting Hearts die, and next I created the shaker pocket. I took a plastic packaging from my stash and cut the four edges to remove the seams and get one single plastic sheet. I added doubled sided tape on the four edges of this plastic sheet, placed the second panel right in the middle, and cut the four corners off the plastic sheet, which will make the final card flat and not bulky at the corners.

Next I flipped the panel over and made sure that it was centered in the middle of the plastic sheet, and I attached three of the four tabs. Through the last open tab, I added a whole bunch of Clear Jewels inside the pocket. I flipped the pocket over and shook it well to spread the jewels, and finally I folded the last tab to close the pocket.


I added some 3mm glue dots at the back of the bursting hearts panel and attached it to the shaker pocket. I white heat embossed my sentiment "Sending you winter hugs" from Bear Hugs on black cardstock, trimmed it into a small banner, and attached it, along with the bear couple, in the middle of the panel using foam squares. I finished my card by attaching my panel on a light blue card base, and as always I added highlights on the images using a white gel pen.


VIDEO




SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Bursting hearts die
- Bear hugs stamp sets
- Clear jewels

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress inks: cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Black licorice cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Copic opaque white ink
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn

1 commentaire:

  1. The Elder Scrolls Online are not directly connected, but players can encounter characters that will appear in the future DLC. In addition, players can Buy ESO Gold at IGGM.

    RépondreSupprimer