Sunny Studio - Build a Birdhouse Spring Card

jeudi 26 janvier 2023

Hello there,

I'm super happy to be back on Sunny Studio's blog with a cute spring card showcasing the brand new and ever so cute Build a Birdhouse die set. It's not that usual for me to only use die cuts on my projects, I'm more of a busy-scene-with-critters kind of crafter, but I really enjoyed creating and assembling this lovely card!

I wanted the birdhouses to be super colorful, so I started off by cutting all the different elements and birds out of several plain colored cardstock. The Build a Birdhouse die set comes with a pole die to place the houses on, but I wanted them to be hanging from a tree, so I used the Out On a Limb die set to cut two branches out of some brown cardstock, and some leaves out of a green dotted pattern paper from the new Spring Fever paper pack.


Next I cut a 5,5" x 4,25" pink floral panel using another paper from the Spring Fever paper pack, as well as a slightly smaller vellum panel. I temporarily taped the vellum panel to the pink one using washi tape, I assembled the birdhouses, and glued them on the vellum along with the branches, leaves and birds using foam squares.


For my greeting, I first white heat embossed the words "Wishing you the" from Country Carnival, and I cut some gold glitter letters to form the word "Best" using the Hayley Lowercase Alphabet, and finally read "Wishing you the best". Next I removed the washi tape that was keeping the pink panel and vellum panel together, I flipped the vellum panel over and applied liquid glue at the back of each die cut element, and then I attached that vellum panel to the pink floral one. And finally I added stitched lines above each birdhouse using a white gel pen to connect them to the branches.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Build a birdhouse die set
- Out on a limb die set
- Spring fever paper pack
- Hayley lowercase alphabet
- Country carnival stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Clear embossing by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Gold glitter cardstock by Concord & 9th
- Vellum from my stash
- Colored cardstock by The Stamp Market
- Sakura white gel pen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire