Sunny Studio - Rainy Days Infinity Shaker Card

jeudi 2 février 2023

Hello there,

I'm back on Sunny Studio's blog today with this happy and cheerful slimline infinity shaker card showcasing the adorable Rainy Days from the new Spring 2023 collection. I started off by cutting an 8,5" x 4,5" bristol panel, and I used a cloud stencil along with tumbled glass and salty ocean oxide inks to create a very simple background.


Next I created the infinity shaker pocket. I cut a plastic sleeve (like the ones we put in binders for school) to get a single sheet of plastic. I added double sided tape on the four edges of that plastic sheet, I placed my cloudy panel in the middle of it, and while keeping the panel in place with my left hand, I cut the four plastic corners off, and this way created four plastic tabs on each side of the cloudy panel. I folded and attached three of those tabs at the back of the cloudy panel, poured a million iridescent confetti inside the plastic pocket, and then folded and attached the remaining tab to totally close the pocket.


Next I cut the different elements using Rainy Days. I cut the base of the umbrellas out of white cardstock. For the handle I used a light grey cardstock. And for the top and main part, I cut two types of papers: plain colored cardstock, and Spring Fever pattern papers. I assembled the colorful top pieces, as well as the handles on the plain white umbrellas, and once my five umbrellas were complete, I attached them on the shaker panel using 1mm foam squares. And to bring even more sparkles to this card, I cut and attached some gold glitter clouds using dies from the Tropical Trees Backdrop die set.


And then I asked myself "What could I add to bring more cuteness to those umbrellas?" And I thought that smiley faces would be fun. So I searched my entire collection of Sunny Studio die sets, and came across the Nutty For You die set that includes small dies to create cute faces. So I cut those five smiles and five pairs of eyes out of black cardstock, and glued them all on the umbrellas.

For my greeting, I started by cutting a red banner using a die from the Stitched Rectangle die set. I white heat embossed the phrase "Showering you with love" from Spring Showers, and I attached that banner using foam squares again. And last but not least, I added white highlights to the umbrella's eyes to kind of give them more personality.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Rainy days die set
- Tropical trees backdrop die set
- Nutty for you die set
- Stitched rectangle die set
- Spring showers stamp set
- Spring fever paper pack


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean
- Slimline cloud stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Colored cardstock by The Stamp Market
- Gold glitter cardstock by Concord & 9th
- Iridescent confetti by Studio Katia
- Sakura white gel pen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire