SSS April Card Kit - Wild & Colorful - Baby Cards

samedi 6 mai 2017

Hey there!

It's been a while since the last time I played with a card kit from Simon Says Stamp. When I saw the beautiful papers and the cute stamps, I couldn't help myself making baby cards.


The process is the same for each card. I first started by cutting all the papers I wanted to use: four scalloped rectangles from the plaid papers, four stitched circles from vellum, four 8cm by 14 cm rectangles for my bases, and I used four beige tags from the kit.


On each rectangle, I used stitched line dies to add some cute interest. On each tag, I applied a distress ink that would match the base using a heart stencil. To cover the little craft circle at the top of the tags, I punched four circles that I glued instead.

I stamped my images, and colored them using my alcohol markers. I wanted to keep the coloring very simple, so nothing fancy and no shading. I fussy cut them, and to make them funnier and cuter, I added wiggly eyes.


Next I assembled all the papers together. The vellum piece on top of the scalloped rectangle, the scalloped rectangle on top of the tag. And the tag on top of the rectangle. I added some coordinating bakers twine at the top of each tag. Glued some white thread using big glue dots. And attached each little animal on top using foam squares.


For my sentiment, I die cut the word "welcome" from four different colors of mirror cardstock, attached it on each panel, and added the words "little one" just below. And I finally attached each panel on a white card base.

 VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Wild & Colorful april card kit from Simon Says Stamp
- Drawn hearts stencil from Simon Says Stamp
- Welcome spring die from Taylored Expressions
- Little Bundle stamp set from Lawn Fawn
- Broken china + candied apple + twisted citron + seedless preserves distress inks from Tim Holtz
- Scalloped rectangle stackables from Lawn Fawn
- Large stitched circle stackables from Lawn Fawn
- Basic stitched lines from My Favorite Things
- Vellum from Canson
- Lipstick red cardstock from Simon Says Stamp
- Purple cardstock from Bazzil
- Solar white cardstock from Neenah
- Mirror cardstock from my stash
- Bakers twine from Hemptique
- White thread from my stash
- Memento tuxedo black ink from Tsukineko
- Copic markers + Spectrum Noir markers
- 1,5cm circle punch from Artemio
- Wiggly eyes from Artemio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire