Under The Sea Card Series - The Little Mermaid - Water Shaker Card

jeudi 18 mai 2017

Hello there!

Here is a new card for my Under the sea card series I made for my great crafty friend Tina (@tinneke_th on instagram) :D Making a water shaker card was on my to-do or at least my to-try list for a very long time. But I had some hard times thinking about the process, so I finally ended up following Yainea's tutorial.

I first started by stamping a chevron pattern on some craft paper. Then I cut two circles from this craft paper and also from watercolor cardstock to create the porthole. I colored the porthole using two shades of brown distress inks, and applied some ink all around my chevron panel.


I stamped my images on watercolor cardstock, masked them, created my bottom of the ocean background using two shades of distress inks and a bunch of water splatters, and colored my images using my watercolor pens.

I stamped my sentiment on the same craft paper as the one I used for the main panel, cut it using a banner die cut and inked the edges to match the whole project.

Then I created the water shaker mechanism. I first glued a piece of clear acetate at the back of the main panel, and next I attached three foam strips around the circle, making sure there was enough space for my water shaker.


I attached my mermaid background at the back of the main panel, and I slipped my bag full of water and iridescent little stars between these two parts. I secured the bag with some classic adhesive tape and attached the whole thing to some heavy white cardstock.

I glued my sentiment using foam squares, attached some metal dots all around the porthole and added a little fish on each side of my sentiment to finish the card.

VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Mermaid for you & Fintastic friends stamp set + coordinating dies from Lawn Fawn
- Everyday sentiment banner die from Lawn Fawn
- Number of years stamp set from Stampin Up!
- Handcarved stamp set from Stampin Up!
- Vintage photo + Ground espresso + Salty ocean + Chipped sapphire distress inks from Tim Holtz
- Dark chocolate + Khaki inks from Simon Says Stamp
- Circle dies from my stash
- Dual-tip watercolor pens from Santoro
- Iridescent mini star confetti from Pretty Pink Posh
- Craft paper from Basic Grey
- Solar white cardstock from Neenah
- Enamel dots from My Mind's Eye

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire