Holiday Card Series 2018 || Christmas Bird || Inside Shadow Box Card

mardi 2 octobre 2018

Hello there,

Isn't this bird too cute? He (or she ^^) is part of the new "Christmas Birds" digital stamp set designed by Isabel Cristina. There are several other adorable images in this set (more birds, and also Christmas ornaments) but I ended up using only one because it was just perfect for the design I had in mind.

Here's a close up look at the set:



I first started by building an inside shadow box card, and for that, I just followed a tutorial that Jennifer McGuire shared a few weeks ago. The outside of the card was made using white wooden textured cardstock. For the inside, I chose a light blue cardstock, glued five trees on it and added falling snow on top using a stencil and white embossing paste.


While it was drying, I printed my images on Neenah solar white cardstock, colored them using my alcohol markers and fussy cut them. I even added more details to them using colored pencils. I also applied clear glitter Nuvo drops on the red berries to add some sparkles to my project.

I attached the bird on the branch, and glued the whole piece inside the card using glue dots. I also added some white pine branches at the top and bottom of the inside window. I attached my sentiment at the top, and simply added a big snowflake on the front panel to finish the card.

VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Christmas Birds digital stamp set by Isabel Cristina Stamps
- All prettied up die set by Mama Elephant
- Outdoor Landscape 2 die set by Craftin Desert Divas
- Falling Snow stencil by Simon Says Stamp
- Snowflake dies from my stash
- White embossing paste by Wendy Vecchi
- Pine tree branches dies from my stash
- Spectrum Noir markers
- White Blizzard Nuvo drops
- White gel pen by Uniball
- Wooden textured cardstock by Simon Says Stamp
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the images)
- Blue cardstock by ClaireFontaine

1 commentaire: