Isabel Cristina Stamps - Birthday Bunny - Pull Tab Card

samedi 11 mai 2019

Hello there,

I'm back to share with you a special card featuring a cute bunny designed by Isabel Cristina StampsTomorrow it will be Isabel's birthday so for the occasion, she has designed this cutie that you can download for free on her etsy shop.



She's also having a birthday sale. On all orders above 3 euros, you get a 20% discount and it goes from today until sunday 13th 12am CET time.


To start, I created the background. I cut a 5.5 x 4.25 inches bristol panel and used tumbled glass and salty ocean distress inks to color it. I first applied the lightest color all over the panel, and next I used a stencil and the darkest color to create rays. To accentuate the area where I wanted to put the bunny, I applied more salty ocean ink.




I splattered water on the panel and dried it, and I did the same thing using salty ocean and blueprint sketch distress inks. And because birthdays are festive, I added gold splatters on the panel.


Next I colored the bunny and the balloons using my alcohol markers. The image was printed on Neenah solar white cardstock using my epson printer.




I cut the word happy out of several cardstocks, and also a box out of kraft cardstock. I cut the top part of the box and applied vintage photo distress ink on the edges to make it look less flat.


I traced vertical lines at the bottom and top of my panel, and decided to cut a scallop rectangle out of my background panel. On the bottom mark I placed the slot die and on the top mark I placed the notch die. And I run them through my die cutting machine.




I cut the pull tab mechanism out of white cardstock, folded the score lines, applied tape on the tabs, and put it through the slot at the back of the panel. To help the pull tab go up and down straight, I die cut the sleeve, folded the lines and attached it at the back of the panel. And the remaining piece of scallop rectangle was glued at the top of the pull tab.


The tabs were a little bit too wide so I simply cut them in half. I attached the top of the box using foam adhesive squares, and I also placed foam adhesive squares at the bottom of the tabs, the bunny will be adhered to them. I trimmed the tabs, attached the bunny and next stuck the rest of the box down using several layers of foam squares. This way the bunny has enough space to move easily.



I cut a white card base and attached my panel using two layers of foam tape. To make the card even more festive, I applied clear shimmer to the letters, and added morning dew nuvo drops on the balloons to make them shine like real ones. And finally I added colorful nuvo drops around the box.


VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Birthday bunny digital stamp set
- Let's toast pull tab add-on die set by Lawn Fawn
- Finley's ABCs die set by Lawn Fawn
- All prettied up die set by Mama Elephant
- Stencil from my stash
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, blueprint sketch, vintage photo
- Colorful cardstocks by Lawn Fawn
- Kraft cardstock by Hero Arts
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the image)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (for the background)
- White cardstock by HobbyCraft (for the card base)
- Nuvo drops by Tonic
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear shimmer pen by Spectrum Noir

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire