Purple Onion Designs - Welcome Little One - DIY Swing Card

samedi 20 juillet 2019

Hello there,

I'm back with a short series of three cards as a guest designer for Purple Onion DesignsThey're celebrating 16 years so for the occasion, you get 25% off the stamps, no code needed, the discount is automatically done in your cart. And it ends on July 29th, so happy shopping!


For this first card, I used the bunny on a swing stamp and the floral spray stamp. I stamped them on Neenah solar white cardstock using Potting Soil ink by Ranger, cut them using my Scan n Cut machine, and colored them using my Spectrum Noir markers.

For the background, I cut a large rectangle out of plaid paper, a smaller one out of Strathmore bristol cardstock and a cloud border out of pink cardstock where I stamped my sentiment.



On the white panel, I used a homemade cloud stencil and spun sugar distress ink to create a nice and subtle sky. And you know me, I always love to add more texture by splattering drops on my projects, so I used worn lipstick to get some contrast with the spun sugar clouds. And the cloud border looked a little bit too flat to me so I applied worn lipstick on it but just at the very top.



Next I temporarily taped the cloud background to the plaid panel and drew a pencil mark between the swing ropes. Right under this pencil mark, I punched a 1cm circle to create a hole, and I punched a 1,5cm circle out of white cardstock.

I don't have foam circles so I just trim a foam square into a circle, attached it to the 1.5cm circle and put it behind the 1cm hole. To attach the swing to the black foam, I simply glued the top of the ropes on a piece of cardstock, I trimmed off the excess so it won't be visible, and I adhered the swing.



I added more foam squares to prevent the swing to rock too high, and I stuck a cent behind the bunny to make him heavier and help me swing smoothly.

As final touches I added dots and highlights on the images using a white posca pen. And also some clear sequins, making sure they won't interfere with the swing.

VIDEO
Below or here

PURPLE ONION DESIGNS SUPPLIES

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: spun sugar, worn lipstick
- Puffy cloud border die set by Lawn Fawn
- Large stitched rectangle stackables die set by Lawn Fawn
- Large stitched 4 bar rectangles die set by Lawn Fawn
- Potting Soil ink by Ranger
- White Posca pen
- Clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh
- Ballet slippers cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the image)
- Strathmore bristol cardstock (for the background)
- White cardstock by HobbyCraft (for the card base)
- Dahlia pattern paper from the Perfectly Plaid Spring 6x6 petite paper pack

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire