Halloween Card Series w/ Isabel Cristina Stamps - Hocus Pocus - Center Picture Window Card

mercredi 14 août 2019

Hello there,


Today I'm starting a Halloween series with this new digital stamp set called Scary Bellas and designed by Isabel Cristina Stamps.



I first started by die cutting all the elements I needed to build a center picture window card: I cut a longer panel than the original one, just to be able to feature more images, one center picture window element, and some curtain elements that are from the shadow box card theater add-on by Lawn Fawn.

I started with the card base. I applied hickory smoke distress ink on one side, and next I used a stencil and black soot distress ink to create a brick wall. I also added more black soot at the very top, just to add more depth to my panel.



I colored the center element using the same inks, and also cut two pieces out of wood pattern paper that I attached at the bottom of my panel to create the floor.

Next I used the oval die to create a window in my center element, and I cut an insert element out of the same wood pattern paper as before. I folded it in half, and folded the tabs, and I did the same thing on the center element: I folded it un half, folded the tabs using my bone folder, next I applied double sided tape on the tabs, I folded the right tab of the center element, aligned it with the card base, and pressed down to stick the tab down. I folded the right tab of the insert piece, aligned it with the card base, and pressed down to adhere the tab.



Next I folded the insert piece and the center element in half, removed the back of the tape, and folded the card base to close it. And to get a consistent scenery, I added another piece of wood pattern paper at the bottom of the center element.

Next I cut small panel corresponding with one half of my card base and die cut a window right in the middle of it to create a frame. For the sentiment I first applied twisted citron and then some mowed lawn in the edges to darken. And for the frame, I first applied mowed lawn and darkened it using black soot on the edges. I also splattered drops of black soot on the edges, as well as some drops of white paint. I stuck the frame down to the sentiment, trimmed off the excess of paper, I attached a black panel at the back of my card, and finally adhered my hocus pocus panel to the front of my card.



All my images were printed on neenah solar white cardstock using my epson printer and I used my alcohol markers to color them. When everything was colored, I used the T shape die to create a score line right in the middle of the cauldron.



And I used mountain top dies to create flames that I attached on the cauldron. For an extra spooky element, I applied green nuvo drops at the top of the cauldron to give the illusion of something stewing inside. Next step was to attach everything using glue dots. Also, I wanted a bubble effect above the cauldron, so I cut small strips out of clear acetate, and applied the same green nuvo drops on each end. And once dry, I attached them at the back of the cauldron. And finally I adhered the cauldron on my panel using liquid glue.

VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Scary Bellas digital stamp set by Isabel Cristina Stamps
- Center picture window die set by Lawn Fawn
- Shadow box card theater add-on by Lawn Fawn
- Stitched mountain border die set by Lawn Fawn
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: hickory smoke, black soot, twisted citron, mowed lawn
- Brick stencil by My Favorite Things
- White paint by Hero Arts
- Wood pattern paper from my stash
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the images)
- Strathmore bristol cardstock (for the background elements)
- Black cardstock from my stash
- Sakura white gel pen
- Apple green nuvo drops by Tonic Studio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire