Lawn Fawn - Four Seasons - Flippin Awesome Card

jeudi 29 août 2019

Hello there,

In today's video I'm going to show you how I created this card using the brand new Flippin Awesome die set and add-ons by Lawn Fawn. This new interactive die is just awesome and so easy to use, and I can't wait to create more cards with it.



So I first started by cutting the main moving piece out of kraft cardstock. The die creates four score lines in the center and two other score lines to create tabs. I simply folded those four lines first using my bone folder. I'm doing it in both directions, it will help the flippin mechanism work smoothly. And next I folded the tabs.




To create my small sceneries, I cut four squares out of kraft cardstock, four squares out of pattern papers from the Spiffy Speckles paper pack, four stitched squares out of the same pattern papers, and four squares out of different cardstocks that I will use for the ground.

First I adhered each stitched square to a kraft square, and next I attached each kraft panel to the coordinating square: yellow with yellow, lilac with lilac, green with green. The blue panel will be totally glued to the moving piece so no need to back it with a blue square like the others.


Before attaching my small panels, I wanted to create a pocket, so I used the diagonal gift card pocket die to cut a nice plaid pocket that will coordinate with the Spiffy Speckles papers. The die creates score lines so i folded them, applied liquid glue on the tabs, and attached the pocket to the main piece.




Next I flipped the main piece over, applied double sided tape on the tabs, making sure to cover them entirely (I like to use a small acrylic block to cut the tape right on the edges of the cardstock), I applied tape on the square part, and also on each strip.

The blue panel will be my last panel in this flippin scene so I'm going to attach it first to this square part. The square part will always show the last panel of your flippin card so if you create something chronological, be sure to put your panels in the right order. Next I removed the back of the tape on each strip and attached the other panels.

To give a nice and colorful background to my flippin element, I used the scalloped rectangle die from the add-on set to cut a beautiful panel out of the same plaid paper as the pocket.




To attach the whole flippin element, you have to fold it to be able to hug the tabs around it. So you remove the back of the tape on the tabs, you hug those tabs around, and you press down to your panel to attach the tabs. Next I stamped my sentiment on a white banner using the brand new Crunchy Leaf ink.

I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" stitched rectangle out of woodgrain cardstock and adhered my flippin panel to it using one layer of foam tape. And the banner was attached using foam squares.




I stamped the four trees from the Tree before 'n after stamp set on white cardstock using jet black ink, as well as some additional images to help me create my little scenes.

My idea was to create the exact same shot of the same house during the four seasons, like the ones we see in movies sometimes. There is a still frame on screen and only the seasons change to make people understand that time goes by. I've always liked that kind of shots in movies so I tried to recreate that as best possible.

When all the images were colored, I used the coordinating dies to cut them, and I sorted them by seasons. 
But before adhering them, I cut borders out of the squares I cut at the beginning of the video. These borders will help me ground my scenes.



Next I assembled everything, attaching each season on a square panel using 3mm glue dots. I also added cute details on each squares: some leaves in the fall sky, some snowflakes in the winter sky, some butterflies in the spring sky and finally some clouds in the summer sky.

I cut the pull tab arrow out of two different cardstocks, and I kept one arrow and one tab to create the pull tab at the end of my flippin panel. And the very last step was to adhere my panel to a kraft card base.

VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Flippin awesome die set
- Flippin awesome add-on die set
- Diagonal gift card pocket die set
- Simple stitched hillside border die set
- Simple wavy banner die set
- Large stitched rectangle die set
- Tree before 'n after stamp + die sets
- Happy village stamp + die sets
- Spooky village stamp + die sets
- Winter village stamp + die sets
- Crunchy leaf ink
- Jet black ink
- Robin's egg + blueberry smoothie + pesto + ripe banana pattern papers from the Spiffy speckles 6x6 paper pack
- Carnation pattern paper from the Perfectly Plaid Spring 6x6 paper pack
- Woodgrain cardstock
- Kraft cardstock
- Cilantro cardstock
- White cardstock
- Noble fir cardstock
- Paper bag cardstock

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire