Lawn Fawn - Underwater Magic Iris Card

mardi 31 août 2021

 Hey there,

Today's card features two shark pirates who have found a treasure hidden in cave deep down in the ocean. I used the Magic Iris die set to create my underwater scene and it's been a while since I used this die so I'm very excited to share this card today!

As always I started with the coloring. I stamped the images using jet black ink, cut them all using the coordinating dies and then colored eveything using my alcohol markers.

After the coloring, I created the cave. I cut three panels out of rainforest, peacock and mermaid cardstock. I put the rainforest aside, and did some dit cutting on the two panels. I took the second stitched den and cut an opening in the middle of the peacock panel, and then took the third stitched den and cut an opening in the middle of the mermaid panel.

And to ground my scene, I cut a wavy border out of vanilla malt paper.


Next I added more depth and shadows to those three cave backgrounds. On the rainforest panel, I applied pine needle distress ink on the outside and inside edges, on the peacock panel I applied lucky clover distress ink on the outside edges, and on the mermaid panel I applied evergreen bough distress ink on the inside edges as well.

And I turned the wavy border into a sand border by using antique linen and vintage photo distress inks.


Next I moved on to the interactive part and it's always easier to understand how to make that kind of cards with images so I invite you to watch the process video below to see how it was done.

Once the entire interactive process was done, I filled my cave background with all the images. And to be able to close the iris, I needed the images inside the circle to stay flat so I used liquid glue to stuck those images, and for the other images I also used glue dots.


I added white highlights and details to the images, and attached my panel on a sugarplum panel that I stuck on a sugarplum card base. Next I cut the arrow handle a second time out of sugarplum paper, and  stuck the small arrow on the magic iris handle. I also white heat embossed my sentiment 'You are jawsome' on cilantro paper, and finally trimmed it into a small banner that I attached right above the cave.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
Duh-nuh
- Duh-nuh flip-flop
- I like you (a lotl)
- Ocean shell-fie
- You are sublime
- Toucan do it
- Booyah
- Fintastic friends
- Ahoy matey
- Critters down under
- Mermaid for you

Die sets
- Magic Iris + add-on
- Stitched dens
- Large stitched rectangle stackables
- Outside in stitched rectangle stackables
- Stitched simple wavy borders

Cardstock
- Mermaid
- Peacock
- Rainforest
- Vanilla malt
- Sugarplum
- Cilantro
- Tropical pink shimmer

Misc
- Jet black ink
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress inks: evergreen bough, lucky clover, pine needles, antique linen, vintage photo
- Sakura white gel pen
- White acrylic paint by Pebeo

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire