Purple Onion Designs 18th Anniversary - Snow Globe Pop-Up Box

samedi 7 août 2021

 Hello there,

We're still celebrating Purple Onion Designs 18th anniversary! The sale will end on August 9th, so today I'm back with one last video to inspire you. I made a snow globe using several dies from My Favorite Things (listed below) and started by stamping the images using Extreme black ink by My Favorite Things, cut them all using my Scan 'n cut, and colored everything using my alcohol markers.

When the coloring was done, I cut the back of the card and colored it using tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon and blueprint sketch distress inks, and then added snow to this panel by splattering on the paper a mix of white acrylic paint and water.


I set the paper aside to dry and then moved on to the card base. I cut all the elements out of white cardstock and applied strong double sided sticky tape on the tabs. Folded all the elements on the score lines, and next assembled the two long pieces, and then attached the cloud borders. And closed the box.

I applied double sided tape on the front of my blue panel, right at the bottom, and attached that panel at the back of the card base. And then I stuck the images inside the card on the cloud borders using glue dots and liquid glue.


Next I created my fake snow globe. I used the same die as the one I used for the back of the card and cut a panel out of acetate. To give this acetate panel a frosty look, I applied white acrylic paint along the edges using a blending tool. And I added snow the same way as before by splattering a mix of white acrylic paint with water on the acetate panel.

I cut an additional cloud border and cut off the tabs. At the back of the acetate papel I applied double side tape right on the bottom edge, and I attached the panel on the cloud border. And I attached this element on the front of the card base using double sided sticky tape.

I white heat embossed my sentiment on red cardstock, trimmed it into a banner and glued it on the front of the card.


VIDEO



PURPLE ONION DESIGNS SUPPLIES
- Sparkle tree
- Pine tree farm
- Single pine tree
- Tinsel (squirrel decorating)
- Chestnut (bear with ornaments)
- Timothy (hedgehog with gift)
- Mabel (winter cardinal with gifts)


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch
- Outside the box level up by My Favorite Things
- Outside the box low profile add-on by My Favorite Things
- Outside the box clouds by My Favorite Things
- Christmas is coming by Hello Bluebird
- Sakura white gel pen
- White acrylic paint by Pebeo
- Red cardstock by Simon Says Stamps
- Acetate from my stash
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire