Purple Onion Designs - Double Slider Surprise Fishing Card

dimanche 1 août 2021

 Hey there,

I'm back with a new card showcasing some Purple Onion Designs rubber stamps, and to remind you that there is an amazing sale on their shop to celebrate their 18th anniversary: you get 25% off the rubber stamps and that sale ends on August 9th, so happy shopping.

Stamped all my images using extreme black ink by My Favorite Things, cut them all using my Scan 'n Cut, and as usual I colored everything my Spectrum Noir markers and Graph'it brush markers.


Next I created the background using the Double Slider Surprise die set by Lawn Fawn. I cut one pocket panel and two small panels, stamped mountains on those three panels, and used my alcohol markers again to color those elements. I also made the sky using tumbled glass distress ink and a cloud stencil.

I cut a second pocket panel, as well as a track piece. Folded both pocket pieces right on the score lines to create a slim flap on each element and applied double sided sticky tape on those slim flaps. And I also applied that tape on the track piece, right on the long edges, front and back.


Next I cut a strip of plastic as wide as the track piece. Applied doubled side tape on one end and attached that strip around the track piece. Not too tight and not too loose or the mechanism won't work.

I cut the excess of plastic, and placed the seam on the left end, applied tape on the seam, flipped the track piece over and applied tape on the other end.


And before assembling everything, I attached my images on my two small panels and next on the pocket panel using liquid glue. Next step was to assemble everything, and I invite you to watch the video below to see how it was done.


I attached a woodgrain panel on a white card base, stamped and cut my sentiment, cut another panel out of a yellow pattern paper, attached handles at the back of each small panel, and added foam tape at the back of the pocket, that I stuck on the yellow pattern paper.

Next I attached that new panel on the card base using double sided tape, and finally stuck my sentiment banner above the pocket using foam squares. And I finished the card by adding white highlights and details on the images.
 

VIDEO



PURPLE ONION DESIGNS SUPPLIES
- Bentley (fox fishing)
- July (hedgehog fishing)
- Chloe (sitting bunny with small flower)
- Flo, Mo & Bo (3 chicks)
- Dock
- Cat tails
- Rocky shore
- Rock set
- Iceberg


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress ink: tumbled glass
- Double slider surprise die set by Lawn Fawn
- Fishin hole stamp set by Hello Bluebird
- Stitched tag builder die set by Hello Bluebird
- Sakura white gel pen
- Extremme black ink by My Favorite Things
- Cardstock & pattern paper by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire