Sunny Studio - Tropical Birthday Card

jeudi 23 mars 2023

Hello there,

I'm back on Sunny Studio's blog with this fun and bright birthday slimline card showcasing some chubby tropical birds, as well as the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Big Bold Greetings.


I started off by stamping my images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it Brush markers. And as very often I picked the stamps from different sets to create a cute mix & match on my card. The birds are from Chickie Baby and are supposed to be chicks, but I turned them into tropical birds using turquoise shades, the butterflies are from Bunnyville, the leafy border is from Tropical Scenes, and the branch is from Little Birdie.


Next I created the background. I cut an 8,5 x 3,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and used one of my favorite color combos: squeezed lemonade, dried marigold, kitsch flamingo and picked raspberry oxide inks. This combination is versatile and can be used on any card for any theme, but I think it fits the tropical vibe quite nicely.

Once the ink blending was done, I used a birch tree stencil from my stash and the same oxide inks to emphasize the jungle look I wanted to give to my card, and then I attached the images on the panel using 1mm foam squares and 3mm glue dots.


I created my greeting in two parts, and attached them in the middle of my panel. I first gold heat embossed "Happy Birthday" from Big Bold Greetings on vellum, and cut those words using the coordinating die. And next I white heat embossed the phrase "You're one cool birdie" on a slim brown banner. The words "You're one cool" are from Chickie Baby, and the word "Birdie" is from Little Birdie. As always I finished the card with white highlights and details on the images.


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Big bold greetings stamp set
- Chickie baby stamp set
- Little birdie stamp set
- Bunnyville stamp set
- Tropical scenes stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: squeezed lemonade, dried marigold, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Birch tree stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Gold embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Detail black ink by Pinkfresh Studio
- Transotype perfect coloring paper (images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)
- Vellum from my stash
- Brown cardstock from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire