Sunny Studio - A Cut Above Rainbow Card

jeudi 27 avril 2023

Hey there,

I'm so happy to be back on Sunny Studio's blog and to start sharing the projects I've made using the new products! So exciting! I'm starting off today with some colorful scissors from A Cut Above. I went for a simple design with the scissors all lined up on my panel, but used bright colors to create a beautiful rainbow.

I first cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and used distress oxide inks to color it. From the left to the right: kitsch flamingo, dried marigold, squeezed lemonade, twisted citron and salvaged patina. I splattered water and white ink on the panel to make it less flat, and set it aside to dry.

Next I created the scissors using distress oxide inks again to match the background. For each scissor, I did the grey metal part using lost shadow + hickory smoke + black soot distress oxide inks. And for each colored handle part, I used:
- pink: kitsch flamingo + picked raspberry
- orange: dried marigold + spiced marmalade
- yellow: squeezed lemonade + mustard seed
- green: twisted citron + mowed lawn
- aqua: salvaged patina + peacock feathers

I used the coordinating die to cut each element, and then I attached them on my panel using 1mm foam squares.


I picked my "You're a cut above the rest" greeting from A Cut Above, and I wanted the word "cut" to pop, so I die cut the letters out of gold glitter cardstock using the Hayley Lowercase Alphabet, glued them below the scissors, and then white heat embossed the rest of the greeting. And finally I added golden heart sequins on each side.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- A cut above stamp set
- Hayley lowercase alphabet die set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Distress oxide inks: lost shadow, hickory smoke, black soot, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, dried marigold, spiced marmalade, squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, twisted citron, mowed lawn, salvaged patina, peacock feathers
- Copic opaque white ink
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Gold glitter cardstock by Concord & 9th
- Golden heart sequins by Pretty Pink Posh
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)
- Transotype perfect coloring paper (scissors)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire