Lawn Fawn - Build a Drink Shaker Card

jeudi 13 juillet 2023

Hi there,

I'm back today on Lawn Fawn YouTube channel & blog with a refreshing shaker mojito I made using a mix of new products from the Summer 2023 release and older ones. No stamped and colored images on this new card, only die cuts and some inking.


I started off by cutting a Tropical Leaves Backdrop panel out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock that I colored using blue oxide inks: salty ocean all over the leaves, and then prize ribbon on the edges. I added texture to make this backdrop more interesting and started with a mix of chipped sapphire oxide ink and water that I splattered all over the leaves using a small brush, and also a mix of white ink and water that I splattered on the leaves as well.


Next I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel. I covered the whole panel with tumbled glass oxide ink, and then used the Tropical Leaves Background stencils along with white ink to add a subtle decor to this panel. I dried and heat set the ink using my heat tool, and then cut a second Tropical Leaves Backdrop out of green shimmery cardstock. And next I assembled my background: I attached the green backdrop on top of the plain blue panel using 1 foam squares, and attached the blue backdrop on top of the green backdrop using 1mm foam squares again.

I created my shaker mojito using Build A Drink, and I invite you to watch the video down below to see the whole process, and check the list of supplies for more details ^^


To decorate the top of the glass and each side of it, I die cut a whole bunch of elements:
- the straw, parasol, slices of lime, ice cubes and small leaves from Build A Drink
- the limes, big leaves and flowers from Zesty Lemon

I added mowed lawn and rustic wilderness oxide inks to some of those pieces to bring more depth and interest, and next I assembled everything on my panel. Leaving some space for my greeting at the bottom of the panel, I first attached the shaker glass in the middle of it using liquid glue. And I added all the die cut pieces using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, liquid glue and 3mm glue dots.

Next I cut a black banner using the Heart Garland Portrait Backdrop die set, I white heat embossed my "Happy summer" greeting from Pool Party on top of it, and finally attached the banner below the shaker mojito using foam squares.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Pool party (greeting)

Die sets
- Build a drink
- Zesty lemon
- Tropical leaves backdrop
- Heart garland portrait backdrop
- Large stitched rectangle stackables

Cardstock & papers
- Black licorice
- White
- Cilantro
- Noble fir
- Green canvas
- Vellum
- Green shimmery (tropical pack)
- Yellow shimmery (pastel pack)
- Flower market paper pack
- Really rainbow scallops paper pack
- Spiffy speckles paper pack

Misc
- Tropical leaves background stencils
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, prize ribbon, chipped sapphire, mowed lawn, rustic wilderness
- Copic opaque white ink
- Iridescent confetti by Studio Katia
- Ice cubes from my stash
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire