Holiday Card Series 2016 - Winter Scene

mardi 25 octobre 2016

Hey there!

Every year I like to make a giant card! This time, I chose a lot of products from Lawn Fawn to build a winter scene. All their little characters are so cute, it's always very fun to use their products!


To create this cute little winter scene, I die cut several pieces:
- one from green cardstock to make the base of the card,
- three from watercolor paper to make the base of my winter scene,
- six from white cardstock using the forest border die and simple hillside dies,
- three from grey cardstock using the stitched mountain border die.

To create the sky, I blended together two shades of blue using distress inks, and applied white embossing paste using a stencil to create the falling snow on the three panels.

I colored the little trees of the forest border using green distress ink to add a little bit of contrast with the background, added some dark grey distress ink on the top of the mountains and glued the snow caps on each mountain top.


I stamped several trees using two shades of green and cut them using the coordinating dies.

On watercolor paper, I stamped all the images I wanted to use in the scene using black waterproof ink, colored them using distress inks and cut them using the coordinating dies.

I glued all the pieces together, and attached my little characters using liquid glue and glue dots


For the front of my card, I cut two pieces of white cardstock and two pieces of plaid paper that I attached together on the green base. To create the closing, I glued several pieces of plaid paper on a green stripe and attached it at the back of the closed card.

To finish the card and add even more cuteness, I cut a scalloped circle from green cardstock and a stitched circle from watercolor paper, stamped my sentiment and some cute little squirrels and colored them using distress inks.


VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Cheery Christmas, Toboggan Together, Home for the holidays stamp sets + coordinating dies from Lawn Fawn
- Stitched mountain border die from Lawn Fawn
- Large stitched circle die from Lawn Fawn
- Forest border die from Lawn Fawn
- Perfectly plaid pattern paper from Lawn Fawn
- Falling snow stencil from Simon Says Stamp
- Embossing paste from Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi
- Distress inks from Tim Holtz: salty ocean, tumbled glass, mowed lawn, walnut stain, candied apple, peacock feather, wild honey, weathered wood, hickory smoke
- Willow, green leaf inks from Simon Says Stamp
- Black dye ink from Hero Arts
- 80lb white cardstock from Neenah
- Grey cardstock + green cardstock from the Stampin Up! Merry Moments pack
- Copic marker E79
- Gold doily from my stash
- Scalloped circle from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire