Summer Card - Surfing The Waves

mardi 12 juin 2018

Hello there,

It's day 2 of Sneak Peek Week for Craftin Desert Divas June Release so today I'm taking you to the beach to watch surfers playing in the waves. These cuties are from the new "Waves" stamp set, and I also used a wave die set from previous release.

Recently I've been searching the internet for inspiration for my projects, so here is the picture I took as an example to create this card:

So, I first started by die cutting some elements: two wave borders from bristol smooth cardstock, and circles with different sizes from masking paper for the sun.


Adhered the circle masks on my bristol panel, and used three different shades of orange/yellow distress inks to create the sun. Next I splattered water on it and dried it with paper towel.


I used three different shades of blue distress inks to color the waves, making the front one lighter than the one in the background. I also splattered water on them. Next I attached the light one on the dark one using foam adhesive squares, stamped my sentiment, and then glued the whole wave element on my panel right under the sun.


I stamped my image on neenah solar white cardstock, fussy cut it and then colored the image using alcohol markers. I love this stamp, it's my favorite from the set! Next I attached it in the waves using foam adhesive squares. Added clear drops here and here to finish the card.

VIDEO
Below or here

CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS SUPPLIES


OTHER SUPPLIES

- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Distress inks: spiced marmalade, mustard seed, squeezed lemonade, tumbled glass, salty ocean, blueprint sketch
- Morning Dew Nuvo drops
- Masking paper from Simon Says Stamp
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire