Holiday Card Series 2019 w/ Hello Bluebird - Christmas in the Jungle

mardi 26 novembre 2019

Hi there, 
I'm back with a card featuring some cuties all gathered and getting ready to celebrate Christmas in the jungle.
To start, I stamped all my images on white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink and I colored them using my alcohol markers. Here is a list of all the stamp sets that are featured on this card:
For my background, I cut a large panel out of strathmore bristol cardstock, two grass borders using a die from the Grassy Knoll die set and a cloud border using a die from that same Grassy Knoll die set and that I will use it as foliage.
To create the sky, I blended scattered straw, shabby shutters and mowed lawn oxide inks on my bristol panel. And I used a stencil and the same inks to give the illusion of woods in the background. The grass and cloud borders were colored using mowed lawn with a little bit of vintage photo to add shadows.
My critters needed a house so I cut a tree house out of woodgrain cardstock using the new Treehouse Scene die set. I also cut two additional trees using a die from the Halloween tree die set. And to give those elements a little more texture, I applied vintage photo and ground espresso distress inks on them.
I added splatters of ground espresso distress ink and also stuck vellum at the back of the house. And next I assembled the background elements, starting with the grass borders.
Next I cut a leaf using a die from the Tropical Foliage die set to use as a Christmas tree and colored it using my alcohol markers. And then I finally attached all the images using foam squares, glue dots and liquid glue.
For my sentiment, I cut the Wild About You sentiment out of woodgrain cardstock but used the word Wild only. And to complete it, I white heat embossed the words “Merry and” from the Snow Play stamp set on aqua cardstock so we can read “Merry and Wild” in the end. I trimmed around the words to create a small banner that I attached below the word Wild.
I stuck the remaining flowers and added white highlights on the images. And as a last final touch, I added dots of white nuvo drops in the center of each flower.
And that’s it! I hope you like this non traditional Christmas card! I leave you with the video (click on the picture below) and wish you an amazing day!
VIDEO
Below or here

HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
Jungle Littles stamp + die sets
More Jungle Littles stamp + die sets
Autumn Gatherings stamp + die sets (for the bow tie)
Merry Mice stamp + die sets (lights + small present)
O Christmas Tree stamp + die sets(presents + scarf)
Snow Play stamp + die sets(hat + sentiment)
First Snow stamp + die sets(beanie)
Christmas Is Coming stamp + die sets(tiny hat)
North Pole Littles stamp + die sets (socks)
- Grassy Knoll die set
- Wild About You Words die
- Tropical Foliage die set
- Treehouse Scene die set
- Halloween Tree die set
OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: scattered straw, shabby shutters, mowed lawn
- Distress inks: vintage photo, ground espresso
- Stencil by Tim Holtz
- Woodgrain cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Sakura white gel pen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire