Holiday Card Series 2019 w/ Lawn Fawn - Clean & Simple Card Challenge

mardi 19 novembre 2019

Hi there,

I'm back today with something unusual: two clean and simple cards. I like that kind of project but if you follow for some time, you know that I'm a busy card kind of person.

But with my friends Mona and Laura, we've decided to challenge ourselves: we had to make clean and simple cards using one Lawn Fawn stamp set only. I chose the Mice on Ice stamp set. Not easy when you like to always add more and more details to a card so I hope I took up this challenge well.

So I first started by cutting a 5,5 x 4,25 inches kraft panel, and I used two circle dies from the Just Stitching Double Circle die set to create prints on my panel.




When it was done I placed my panel in my misti tool and stamped one of the images using brown ink.
And I colored those cute mice using different shades of browns to get a nice sepia/vintage look. When it was done, I stamped some snowflakes around the mice to add more interest.

Even if it's a clean and simple card, my panel was definitely too flat to me so I applied a little bit of vintage photo distress ink on the edges.




Next I stamped my sentiment: 
the first part using candied apple oxide ink to stamp the word "Joyful", and the second part at the bottom right hand corner using brown ink and saying "May the little things bring you happiness".

For a tiny little touch of sparkles I added a dot in the middle of each snowflake using a gold gel pen. And next I will stick my panel to a kraft card base.

And next I made a second card using two other stamps from the same set. I also used the same markers and the same inks to create it.


VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Mice on ice stamp + die sets
Just Stitching Double Circle die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide ink: candied apple
- Distress ink: vintage photo
- Neenah desert storm cardstock
- Gold gel pen by UniBall

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire