Holiday Card Series w/ Lawn Fawn - Special Winter Delivery Waving Pull Tab Card

mardi 22 décembre 2020

 Hi there,

Today's project was inspired by this card I made for Valentine Release Week, and I thought it would be fun to make a winter version of it.

So I stamped all my cute images using jet black ink and colored them using my alcohol markers, and when the coloring was done I cut the images using the coordinating dies and moved on to the background.

I first cut a snowy backdrop out of bristol cardstock and then put my panel a second time in my die cut machine along with a stitched rectangle die to add stitched details to my snowy panel. Next I colored my panel using cracked pistachio, peacock feathers and blueprint sketch distress inks.

Once I was happy with the blending, I added some texture but not too much because the panel was already pretty busy with the stars and snow. I just mixed the same inks I used before with water and created small droplets on the paper using a thin brush.


To ground my scene, I cut a wavy border out of bristol cardstock, a strip out of narwhal cardstock and a part of a rectangle out of fog cardstock. I set the grey pieces aside and applied a tiny bit of cracked pistachio distress ink on wavy top edge of the border to not have just a plain white element.

Next I applied a whole lot of liquid glue at the back of my snowy panel and then stuck it to some pixie dust paper.


Next I moved on to the interactive part of my card using the waving pull tab starter die set, and it's always easier to understand with images so I invite to watch the process video below.

Once the interactive part was done, and before assembling my images on my panel, I stamped my sentiment on the wavy border. I started by heat embossing 'Merry Christmas' in silver, and next I stamped 'May you get everything you wish for' in black right below it.


Next I finally put everything together. I started by applying foam tape at the back of my panel, making sure not to touch the mechanism, and attached my panel on a peacock card base.

And then I assembled all my images to create a cute little scene. I started by layering the three borders to ground my scene, and then I used foam squares and a tiny bit of liquid glue to stick the images.


VIDEO
Below or here



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Special delivery
- Yeti or not
- Simply celebrate winter
- Happy village
- Winter village
- Holiday party animal
- Holiday helpers
- Tiny Christmas

Die sets
- Waving pull tab starter
- Large stitched rectangle stackables
- Stitched simple wavy borders
- Picket fence border
- Snowy backdrop

Cardstock
- Fog
- Narwhal
- Mermaid
- Pixie dust

Misc.
- Clear embossing ink
- Silver embossing powder
- Jet black ink


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Alcohol markers: Spectrum Noir + Graphit Brush
- Distress inks: cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch
- Sakura white gel pen
- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire