Holiday Card Series w/ Lawn Fawn - Monochromatic Shaker Snow Globe

mardi 1 décembre 2020

 Hi there,

I'm so glad to be back with a monochromatic snow globe shaker card for Lawn Fawn. I really love to make that kind of card. For Halloween for a spooky look, and Christmas for a vintage look.

I started with the coloring. I stamped my images on 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock using jet black ink and used shades of grey to color everything.

Once it was done, I moved on to the snow globe and I cut three circles out of different cardstock, fog, black licorice and pixie dust, using the biggest die from the Large stitched circle stackables die set. And I incite you to watch the video below to see how I assembled my background.


When my background was complete, I attached all my cute black and white images using glue dots and liquid glue to keep everything as flat as possible.

Next step was to create dimension so that the sequins and beads can move easily inside the snow globe. So I cut two frames out of white foam using the biggest die from the Stitched circle frame die set. And I stuck those two foam frames using liquid glue on top of each other on my winter panel.

I also created the window: I cut a circle frame out shimmery grey cardstock, as well as a circle out of clear acetate, and stuck those two pieces together.


To fill the globe I picked a few things: clear sequins, white beads, silver beads and white sequins, I put all those elements inside the circle and I applied liquid glue on the foam frame to finally stick the window panel and close my snow globe.

Next I moved on to the bottom of the snow globe. I used the magic Iris snow globe die set to cut the pieces: shimmery grey cardstock for the main element, pixie dust for the strips, and black licorice for the small banner. On that banner I silver heat embossed my sentiment, which is from Offset sayings Christmas, and to attach that banner, I used silver thread.


I attached the snow globe base at the bottom of the globe, and added more foam at the back of the base to have the same height everywhere, and finally I attached my snow globe on a 5,5 x 4,25" card base. And on that card base, I stuck a pattern paper from the Really rainbow Christmas 6x6 paper pack.


VIDEO
Below or here



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets 

- Winter village 

- Winter skies 

- Simply celebrate winter 

- Happy village 

Tiny Christmas 

 

Die sets 

- Magic iris snow globe add-on 

- Large stitched circle stackables 

Stitched circle frames 

Large stitched rectangle stackables 

- Snowy backdrop 

 

Cardstock 

- Fog 

- Black licorice 

Pixie dust 

- White 

- Neutral grey shimmer 

 

Misc. 

- Brick stencil 

- Jet black ink 

- White ink 

- Clear embossing ink 

Silver embossing powder 

- Pattern paper from 6x6 Really Rainbow Christmas 

- Glue tube 

- Glue dots



OTHER SUPPLIES
Spectrum noir markers
- Sakura white gel pen
- Silver thread from my stash
- Sequins by Pretty Pink Posh
- Beads from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire