Diorama Card Series - Scuba Diving

mardi 3 avril 2018

Hello there,

Today I'm sharing with you a new diorama card. They're just so easy to make, I just can't help myself ^^ Plus, it helps me to use some untouched stamp sets I have in my stash. Sea and ocean cards are my all time favorites, and this diorama is also perfect for my Under the Sea Card Series!


So I first started by cutting the papers for the base. I inked it using several shades of blue distress inks, going from dark at the bottom to light at the top. When I was happy with the blending, I splattered water on my panel and dried them with a paper towel. Final touch to this base: I cut the top edge using a scalloped border so it gives a nice wave effect.


I die cut two cloud borders that I used as sand borders. Inked them using two shades of brown distress inks. Attached the insert pieces inside my base panel, and glued the sand borders on them using double sided tape.


Then I colored all my images using alcohol markers. I used sea themed stamp sets from Lawn Fawn to get the fishes and sea weeds, and the little guy or girl is from the "Out of this world" set so he or she is supposed to be an astronaut but I thought it would be fun to change the image into a deep sea scuba diver ^^ All the images were cutting using coodinating dies.


Next I assembled everything. All the images were attached using glue dots. The fishes and the turtle were attached to a thin stripe of clear acetate so they would seem to float. And sometimes I add a sentiment to my dioramas, sometimes I don't, well this time I did ^^

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

- Out of this world stamp set
- Mermaid for you stamp set
- Critters in the sea stamp set
- Stitched scalloped border die set
- Puffy cloud border die set

OTHER SUPPLIES

- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Distress inks: black soot, chipped sapphire, peacock feather, cracked pistachio, gathered twigs, ground espresso
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Neenah solar white cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire