Halloween Card Series w/ Lawn Fawn - Fortune Teller Tabby Reveal Wheel Card

mardi 10 septembre 2019

Hi there,

How about visiting this cute fortune teller to know if you'll get a lot of candies on Halloween night? I had a lot of fun creating this card using the new Fortune Teller Tabby stamp set as well as some other sets.


I first started by die cutting the main panel from the reveal wheel die set with the new circle add-on.


Next I colored the background. First I used cracked pistachio in the center, just around the circle window, to get a nice halo effect behind my fortune teller. I darkened the edges using peacock feathers and blended both colors together. And to get a deeper background I added black soot on the edges. I also splattered water on the panel and dabbed it using a paper towel. And to complete my background, I added drops of peacock feathers and black soot.



Next I die cut the wheel, aligned the circle window template on top of it (I used washi tape to make sure it stays in place) and then I stamped my images in each circle using jet black ink, making sure to rotate the wheel every time. I adhered masks on my images, and applied cracked pistachio all over the wheel to match my panel. I removed the masks, and colored those images using my alcohol markers.


When the fortune teller was colored, I used the coordinating dies to cut it as well as the inside of the crystal ball.



Next I needed some elements to ground my scene, so I die cut a piece of woodgrain cardstock as well as a thin strip to create the floor and a baseboard. I glued those two pieces at the bottom of my panel, and to get a consistent design, I added black soot on the edges of the woodgrain piece. And next I adhered the fortune teller on my panel, making sure it was perfectly aligned with the circle window.


I put the brad in the wheel base, next in the wheel at the back, I added the template (it will help me align the wheel), I opened the brad to keep those pieces together, making sure the template was aligned according to the images and edges of the wheel, I flipped the wheel over and applied foam squares on the wheel base. I removed the back of the foam squares, put the wheel behind my panel, aligned the template with the crystal ball, and pressed down on the black panel to attach the wheel.


Next I removed the template and opened the brad to definitely keep the wheel in place. I adhered a bunch of small and large foam squares around the wheel, making sure not to touch it and stuck my panel down. And then I glued a small arrow that will indicate the recipient of the card to turn the wheel.



My sentiment was totally customized and made using several stamps. I prepped my paper using an anti static powder bag, stamped the words on my paper using clear embossing ink and white embossing powder, and heat set everything using my heat tool. And next I trimmed off those words into thin banners to be able to read "I predict your Halloween will be..."


I wanted the last part of my sentiment to be bold and coordinated with the little ghosts so I die cut the word "BOO" and colored the letters using the same inks as the ones  used for the background. Next I adhered those letters and the banners using foam squares.



To coordinate with the tablecloth, I added some stars at the top of my panel using peacock feathers and black soot distress inks. I layered my reveal wheel panel on a pattern paper and a card base, and to finish my project I applied black enamel drops as well as some white blizzard nuvo drops for a touch of sparkle.


VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Reveal wheel die set
- Reveal wheel circle add-on die set
- Reveal wheel circle template
- Fortune teller tabby stamp + die sets
- Costume party stamp + die sets
- Booyah stamp + die sets
- Harold's ABC stamp set
- Finley's ABC die set
- Purple posies pattern paper from the Really Rainbow 6x6 paper pack
- Woodgrain cardstock - Neutrals
- Peacock cardstock
- Black licorice cardstock
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, black soot
- Sakura white gel pen
- White blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- Black enamel drops by Ranger
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire