Magengo - Halloween Treat Boxes using the Scan 'n Cut machine

samedi 28 septembre 2019

Hello there,

Today I'm sharing with you two cute Halloween treat boxes I've made using cut files designed by Magengo and my Scan 'n cut machine. I encourage you to watch the video below to see how I used my machine to cut them.


I started with the Scary House. I first applied hickory smoke distress ink all over the house. Next I used a wood texture stamp and black soot oxide ink to create wood planks on the house. I also added shadows on the edges using black soot distress ink.


Next I colored the roof elements using a black alcohol marker, making sure to color the edges as well to get rid of any white spot. I also colored the windows, the door and the spider using the same marker, and I colored the inside of the windows using yellow markers.


I applied clear embossing ink on the ghost and spider web and white heat embossed those elements to give them a light shiny touch. And next I assembled everything. I applied black enamel drops on the spider to make it pop, and I also created the handle on the door.

***


Now to the Pumpkin Box. I first started by coloring the five layers that will be on the front of the box using mustard seed distress ink first. Next I applied a little bit of shadows using spiced marmalade distress ink on the edges, and finally I added a tiny little bit of rusty hinge distress ink. And I added texture to these five layers using a stencil and wild honey distress ink.

Next I applied spiced marmalade distress ink on a pumpkin element, added rusty hinge distress ink on the edges, as well as a little bit of ground espresso distress ink.

The leaves were colored using peeled paint and forest moss distress inks. And next I assembled everything. I think I'm going to put those boxes on my desk for some spooky decorations.

VIDEO
Below or here

(Special Spider Halloween Frame Vector by akshaydhameliya on pngtree.com)

SUPPLIES
- Scary House cut file by Magengo
- Pumpkin Box cut file by Magengo
- Distress inks: hickory smoke, black soot, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, rusty hinge, wild honey, ground espresso, peeled paint, forest moss
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Nordic stencil by Tim Holtz
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Black enamel drops by Ranger
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire